DD-20 Makes a helipcopter sound through my mesa!

Bobkat

• Members

Ok guys, I've been toying with effects and changing my pedalboard for years and never have I had this.

I have a dd-5 and a dd-20 running through my effects loop in my mesa rectoverb along with a volume pedal that way my delay and volume pedal affects both channels post and not pre gain. Mt dd-5 has always worked in this setup just fine with no problems but I added the dd-20 and whenever I have the delay level up remotely high, I get a loud growing helicopter sound that acts like it hates my amp and wants to see it blow to smithereens. I tried the dd-5 the same way and it's fine. I also tried changing the line level of the pedal but the same thing happens. I would just run it last in my signal chain before the amp but I want it to be post gain. Any ideas?

On another subject, what should I buy with what I sold my dd-5 for $150? I need help with my gas

• Members
Ok guys, I've been toying with effects and changing my pedalboard for years and never have I had this.

I have a dd-5 and a dd-20 running through my effects loop in my mesa rectoverb along with a volume pedal that way my delay and volume pedal affects both channels post and not pre gain. Mt dd-5 has always worked in this setup just fine with no problems but I added the dd-20 and whenever I have the delay level up remotely high, I get a loud growing helicopter sound that acts like it hates my amp and wants to see it blow to smithereens. I tried the dd-5 the same way and it's fine. I also tried changing the line level of the pedal but the same thing happens. I would just run it last in my signal chain before the amp but I want it to be post gain. Any ideas?

On another subject, what should I buy with what I sold my dd-5 for $150? I need help with my gas

Get rid of the Mesa and but a real amp!

• Members
Get rid of the Mesa and but a real amp!

hehe, I could have said I am using a crate or walmart special.
Geez I can barely afford the BMW and you're asking me to buy a Rolls Royce?:lol:

So any ideas as to why the dd-20 would do it and not the dd-5? This is the best amp I've found for this price range and I do not plan on getting rid of it just to suit my delay pedal.

Archived