Will a Korg DT-10 "mess up" a fuzz face if I put it first?

mike.sartori

• Members

depends what kind fuzz face. does the FF have germanium transistors? Then yes, then tuner infront of the fuzz might make it sound sound thin and trebley. When i used my dt-10 infront of my rangemaster (germanium transistor), it just sounded like {censored}. But when i took out the tuner, it sounded fine. Any pedal with a buffer infront of a germanium treble booster like a rangemaster will really screw with the pedal.

• Members

depends what kind fuzz face. does the FF have germanium transistors? Then yes, then tuner infront of the fuzz might make it sound sound thin and trebley. When i used my dt-10 infront of my rangemaster (germanium transistor), it just sounded like {censored}. But when i took out the tuner, it sounded fine. Any pedal with a buffer infront of a germanium treble booster like a rangemaster will really screw with the pedal.

It has nothing to do with the type of transistors (ge/si). The fuzz face wants to see a high impedence signal, which the guitar output provides, and a bufferred signal has been converted to low impedence.

Germanium AND silicon fuzz faces are like that. Rangemasters might also want to see a high impedence signal, I don't know....

• Members

It has nothing to do with the type of transistors (ge/si). The fuzz face wants to see a high impedence signal, which the guitar output provides, and a bufferred signal has been converted to low impedence.

Germanium AND silicon fuzz faces are like that. Rangemasters might also want to see a high impedence signal, I don't know....

sorry, i thought the sili/ge fuzz faces acted differently when it comes to buffers. but the pedal should work fine with the buffer afterwards in either case.

• Members
Screwed either way?! I'll just put my semi-homemade sunlion first, and then my tuner.

You must have missed the 'incorrect".;) I meant that if you believe all this mess about "germanium" being somehow differently affected by buffers (which doesn't really make much sense), then you wouldn't be able to use your fuzz OR boost first, which would create a bit of a conflict, to say the least.:D

That being said, yeah, it'd probably be better if your fuzz comes first in the chain.

• Members
What about having a volume pedal in front of fuzzes/treble boosters? Or a true bypass pedal?

Don't mean to hijack thread, just figured I should ask these here rather than make an entire new thread.
:)

your volume pedal is basically like a guitar's volume knob, unless you have one that messes with the impedance, which is the issue with the fuzz face. They should be fine unless you use a tuner in the tuner out of an ernie ball volume pedal. TB pedals are fine.

• Members

your volume pedal is basically like a guitar's volume knob, unless you have one that messes with the impedance, which is the issue with the fuzz face. They should be fine unless you use a tuner in the tuner out of an ernie ball volume pedal. TB pedals are fine.

Excellent. That answers my question quite well. Thanks

Archived