Just bought a PP2+, question!

Destructobot

• Members

NO NO NO... the jack on the Monsterpiece is wired to use a regular old standard CENTER NEGATIVE plug.

DO NOT use the reverse polarity plug on it. :D

With the Monsterpiece PNP, Classic, and MKII pedals... they all use a standard center negative barrel plug for the adapter jack. I purplosely wired it up this way because reverse polarity plugs are harder to find. BUT because the circuit is a positive ground circuit you cannot daisy chain it using something like a 1Spot powering multiple pedals.

The Voodoo Lab PP2 is a different story since it has discrete power outs, so there is no issue using it :cool:

• Members

NO NO NO... the jack on the Monsterpiece is wired to use a regular old standard CENTER NEGATIVE plug.

DO NOT use the reverse polarity plug on it.
:D

With the Monsterpiece PNP, Classic, and MKII pedals... they all use a standard center negative barrel plug for the adapter jack. I purplosely wired it up this way because reverse polarity plugs are harder to find. BUT because the circuit is a positive ground circuit you cannot daisy chain it using something like a 1Spot powering multiple pedals.

The Voodoo Lab PP2 is a different story since it has discrete power outs, so there is no issue using it
:cool:

how the heck was i suppose to know that? I was only going based on the info given bu the op. :cop:

• Members

DO NOT use the reverse polarity plug on it.
:D

The Voodoo Lab PP2 is a different story since it has discrete power outs, so there is no issue using it
:cool:

So I could have powered it with my one spot, as long as it was the only pedal hooked up to it? Cool cool cool, I don't have to buy an adapter from VL. There's an exra $7 in my pocket = beer = :love:

BTW, do you think a sagged voltage will give any tasty results with either the PNP or NPN? Obviously I can experiment on my own, just curious about your take on it.

Archived