New Sigur Ros

TheHarakiriEnd

• Members
Anyone listened to it yet? I got it yesterday but really haven't had a chance to hear more than 2 or 3 songs. Heima is what I really want to see though! It comes out the 20th.

my mate lent it to me today, but i've not had a chance to listen yet. I'll be doing that later. :thu:

• Members

So did I! Thats what I went for, but it's not coming out until the 20th. There's going to be screenings in several cities before then, and Sigur will play at some of them.

thats a bit intense. i would love to catch them. I just downloaded a performance they did i think a year ago. it is so badass. it would be so intense to see them live..

• Members

thats a bit intense. i would love to catch them. I just downloaded a performance they did i think a year ago. it is so badass. it would be so intense to see them live..

Hey, your from Mississippi! I had to live there once. In Greenville of all places. It was horrible. Not saying all Ms. is bad but that one town was! I've got customers all over the state. How far is it from Meridian to Jackson? My band's going to play a show down there after the first of the year.

• Members

Hey, your from Mississippi! I had to live there once. In Greenville of all places. It was horrible. Not saying all Ms. is bad but that one town was! I've got customers all over the state. How far is it from Meridian to Jackson? My band's going to play a show down there after the first of the year.

wow thats cool. where you located?

i'm in hattiesburg now. Going to school. My band plays all over this {censored}ty poor excuse of a state.

Greenville ehh.. Gross, i have family that lives there. Thats a horrible town. One of the worst in state.

Meridian is about 1hour and 45 min from Jackson. There are a few places to play in meridian. Its not that great of a town. I wouldn't suggest it at all to play there though. And then in jackson there are now I think 2 bars for original bands..

Oxford. Hattiesburg. Starkville. Those are the 3 college towns that respond to music the best. That is if your an original band.

• Members

So did I! Thats what I went for, but it's not coming out until the 20th. There's going to be screenings in several cities before then, and Sigur will play at some of them.

They've already had the screenings and performances. One of the last ones was in NYC last month, I believe. I know there was a screening here in DC on Oct. 7. Sadly, I missed it.

• Members

wow thats cool. where you located?

i'm in hattiesburg now. Going to school. My band plays all over this {censored}ty poor excuse of a state.

Greenville ehh.. Gross, i have family that lives there. Thats a horrible town. One of the worst in state.

Meridian is about 1hour and 45 min from Jackson. There are a few places to play in meridian. Its not that great of a town. I wouldn't suggest it at all to play there though. And then in jackson there are now I think 2 bars for original bands..

Oxford. Hattiesburg. Starkville. Those are the 3 college towns that respond to music the best. That is if your an original band.

I'm in Bham Alabama. ROLL TIDE! I have some customers in Hattiesburg too, J&J, and Joey Diffata. I really don't like Meridan but a couple of the bands I know have been playing down there. We've also got some friends there. So we're going to give it a go (I also want to get a picture of that Red Hot sign). We are an original band too btw. I also book for a club here in Bham. So if ya'll ever want to play up here just send me a link to some music. Have you ever played with the Colour Revolt. I saw them recently and they were great! Their from Ms.

• Members

They've already had the screenings and performances. One of the last ones was in NYC last month, I believe. I know there was a screening here in DC on Oct. 7. Sadly, I missed it.

No theres alot of screenings left.... I'm not sure about the performances though. I just read that they were playing at some.

• Members

I'm in Bham Alabama. ROLL TIDE! I have some customers in Hattiesburg too, J&J, and Joey Diffata. I really don't like Meridan but a couple of the bands I know have been playing down there. We've also got some friends there. So we're going to give it a go (I also want to get a picture of that Red Hot sign). We are an original band too btw. I also book for a club here in Bham. So if ya'll ever want to play up here just send me a link to some music. Have you ever played with the Colour Revolt. I saw them recently and they were great! Their from Ms.

Colour revolt are good friends of mine. From the local scene. We haven't played with them yet. Schedules conflict with each other. Plus their booking agency is getting stricter with them. But we are trying to work something i believe.

myspace.com/charmedimsureband - thats us.

We played in tuscaloosca once. Egans bar? i think thats what it was called. Pretty cool joint.

haha, and speaking of the redhot sign. My drummer actually took a picture of it. And made a flier out of it. If i can find it ill post it. lol

• Members

Colour revolt are good friends of mine. From the local scene. We haven't played with them yet. Schedules conflict with each other. Plus their booking agency is getting stricter with them. But we are trying to work something i believe.

myspace.com/charmedimsureband - thats us.

We played in tuscaloosca once. Egans bar? i think thats what it was called. Pretty cool joint.

haha, and speaking of the redhot sign. My drummer actually took a picture of it. And made a flier out of it. If i can find it ill post it. lol

Yeah they played some shows with Explosions in the Sky. I love their vocal melodies. Their really a great band. Yeah Egan's, who'd you play with? Who did the booking? I love T-Town! I'll check your band out.

• Members

Yeah they played some shows with Explosions in the Sky. I love their vocal melodies. Their really a great band. Yeah Egan's, who'd you play with? Who did the booking? I love T-Town! I'll check your band out.

i think we did our booking ourselves. but i'll keep you in mind for next time. i know we are wanting to go back to ttown. we had a great time. interesting part of town and good food.

we played by ourselves. not sure why. i don't do the booking. i just play guitar.

my email is mrweems@gmail.com if you want to chat more on the booking.

• Members

i think we did our booking ourselves. but i'll keep you in mind for next time. i know we are wanting to go back to ttown. we had a great time. interesting part of town and good food.

we played by ourselves. not sure why. i don't do the booking. i just play guitar.

my email is
if you want to chat more on the booking.

The reason I was asking about the booking was because a guy I know books for Egan's. Since you knew Colour Revolt I thought I might know the guy who booked you.

If you've got time check out Skybucket records out of Bham. Lots of great talent. Start with The Dexateens, Through the Sparks, and Dan Sartain.

• Members

The reason I was asking about the booking was because a guy I know books for Egan's. Since you knew Colour Revolt I thought I might know the guy who booked you.

If you've got time check out Skybucket records out of Bham. Lots of great talent. Start with The Dexateens, Through the Sparks, and Dan Sartain.

will do. i'll send word to my singer. he is the one that books.

i think we are going to try and come back through there in january or late spring. not sure yet.

• Members

what is that's been released? is it the soundrack to Heima?

there's a culture show special on BBC2 tonight 11:50pm i think.. which has some live performance and band talking about Heima. they had a short 10 minute thing on the normal Culture Show episode last week, but this could be a lot better.. more music..

• Members

No theres alot of screenings left.... I'm not sure about the performances though. I just read that they were playing at some.

You're right, there are a few screenings coming up in the states (as well as a few in Europe). They did two performances in Los Angeles last week. I don't see any other performances listed.

http://www.hvarf-heim.com/events/

• Members

what is that's been released? is it the soundrack to Heima?

there's a culture show special on BBC2 tonight 11:50pm i think.. which has some live performance and band talking about Heima. they had a short 10 minute thing on the normal Culture Show episode last week, but this could be a lot better.. more music..

Yeah, the soundtrack. Really two EPs. Mostly reworkings of old tracks. Some more acousticy like the film promises. Probably best to save your bucks for the dvd. I went to the record store last weekend expecting it to be out but there was only the soudntrack so far. Those dates 5th for soundtrack and 20th for dvd seem to be right.

Soundtrack is ok. Possibly not as essential as the albums and if you're bored by the albums so far, a soundtrack ain't gonna change your mind. The film may.

• Members

umm,the one in your avatar?

Oh sorry... It's a 72' Tele Custom - 535 Q - Supersonic Fuzz Gun - Diaz Texas Ranger - Fulltone Ocd - Ehx Holy Grail - 70's 4x10 Bassman (amp tech supposedly modded but who knows? I like it though) Steel and Brass Slide, 2 Capos, and a Baby food Jar full of picks. I don't really like bringing 20 pedals, 5 guitars and 3 amps with me all the time (but to each their own. maybe if I had some roadies). So I always have smaller rigs like this that are just the bare minimum for what I need.

*I usually have an a/b box hooked into both channels with one being bright and the other a little darker.

Archived