Can your delay do this?

ZGotts

• Members

So, you know that cool sound when you twist the time knob on a good delay? That's what I'm after. I want to control that with a wah housing. Problem is, not all delays can do that without a crazy digital fart.

So.. here's what I'm after... a list of (moderately priced) delays that can do this trick. Any digital ones???

And no, I'm not buying one of those line 6 things that will take up half my board ;)

• Members

Ha! Blacksburg. If there is a nowhere, this would be the middle. No, maybe that's Danville.

I'm not really talking oscillation.. just the pitch shift that happens when you twist the time knob. Can anyone else confirm that the dd-3 does this?

I'll have to look into that third hand!

• Members

I think what he's after is the delay time pot controlled by the treadle, not the oscillation. Oscillation is set so that it will get that sort of cool sound. But this is actually a better idea than a tap tempo switch if you ask me.

• Members
Several mods are available for this pedal including 2 expression pedal ports!
We couldn't do Tap Tempo yet, so we designed GLIDE TEMPO. Control the Delay Time with a custom modded expression pedal! Control the Delay Level with a custom modded expression pedal! Now you can have just the right slap back echo or spacey long delays, or GLIDE back and forth for a crazy warped sounds
!
Set the level of your delay for the sweet spot. No more adjusting the Level by bending over when you switch between clean and distorted tones. Delay levels are often too loud when you add distortion to your signal.

Is this not what he's after? :confused:

• Members

I've thought about this before and here's my 2 cents: Get an Ibanez DE7 and a Weeping Demon. Remove the wah guts and put the delay inside the wah housing. Instead of the delay time connected to a pot with a knob, set up the delay time to be controlled by pot that the treadle sweeps. Another possibility with this strategy is to wire it up so that the treadle or the knob can control delay time. This could be made switchable using the switch on the top of the Weeping Demon to change back and forth from switchless wah.

• Members

I've thought about this before and here's my 2 cents: Get an Ibanez DE7 and a Weeping Demon. Remove the wah guts and put the delay inside the wah housing. Instead of the delay time connected to a pot with a knob, set up the delay time to be controlled by pot that the treadle sweeps. Another possibility with this strategy is to wire it up so that the treadle or the knob can control delay time. This could be made switchable using the switch on the top of the Weeping Demon to change back and forth from switchless wah.

That's pretty much the plan, but I need to confirm that, say, a DE7 can have the knob moved without digital crap noise.

Archived