Blind Melon on Tour!

drasp

• Members

I can't believe they're going to be playing St. Pete on Dec. 6th! I checked out thier MySpace page (I hate bands having MySpace pages, but the official sites are VERY old and don't reflect the new singer, etc.) and the new material sounds pretty good. S/T and 'Soup' were two of my favorite albums of the mid-90s. Totally underrated group!!! Any other BM fans here?

• Members

Yeah, I certainly understand, from the band's perspective, why they'd want a MySpace page, but the thing is, it's a cop-out. Used to be a lot of effort went into design & content for a band's site. Now they're all just a f_cking mess. I can't look at MySpace pages w/o getting dizzy. . . :freak:

• Members

They should dig up Shannon and just roll him out for every show. One of the techs could have him sing along with puppet strings or something.

Also, does anybody really give a {censored} if a band has a myspace? The only reason I ever go to myspace is to look up a band...geez. Why must a band shoot itself in the foot to get indie cred?

• Members

What do you mean? Looks like the only change in lineup is Travis Warren replacing Shannon Hoon (for obvious reasons).

I'm not nuts about the idea of bands replacing dead front men, but it worked for Joy Division / New Order. . .

Archived