Boss GT-8 Lounge, Come on in and share your secrets.

eddie.perez

• Members

I know this processor could be difficult to understand at times, but I really think that with alot of reading you can accomplish any sound you are looking for. When I first saw it at GC I was intimidated, but then they told me that this pedal had almost every stomp box boss ever made plus more other stuff in it. This thing can be a true weapon if you know how to use it, it's better than the tonelab, and podx3. I pretty much got it down so if anybody has any questions :confused: your more than welcome to ask, or if you got any secrets let me know. :wave:

For even more support visit www.bossus.com and register to their e-mail support.

• Members

Customize your speakers. Theres a hell of a lot of eq to be done in there that can make the thing a lot more realistic. Also EQing can really change the tone of the thing.

I usually use the EQ to boost up my solo parts. I'm almost done recording a demo with our band. I'll post up one our songs when were done. All the guitar tracks are being recorded with GT-8.

• Members

I've been using the GT-6/8 for about 3 years now. I do not use the modeling, simulations, dirt boxes or preamps. I mostly use it for live one step effects changes and amp channel changing. For practice I tend to use single stompboxes, since it's easier to create new things when it's all physically right in front of you. Once I get songs and the effects figured out, I program exactly what I need, along with a few extra CTRL options (delay, boost or improv on-the-fly type effects).

A trick I've found to make patches the same volume.....is to make a "master patch" One with nothing on it. Just clean, no verb, nothing. Then use that as a base for every single patch you make. Of course you'll have to compare patches anyway since certain effects lower or raise volume.

I usually run a RAT or J&H in the Loop for more gain options. I also like to run a separate Whammy, delay and reverb for flexible jamming options. Sounds like overkill, but it's just easier to tweak. That's the biggest con to multi-effects. Hard to tweak on the fly. Granted most options on the Boss are layed out on the face.....just like a stompbox....it's just easier with individual pedals.

Tone suck: I think there's a slight roll off of treble and bass.....but that can be adjusted via the global settings.

Overall I think the GTs are easy to program.......the effects are top notch, it eases the burden of tap dancing on single pedals and it has MIDI (6&8) and 1/4 (8) amp channel chaning abilities.

• Members

I've been using the GT-6/8 for about 3 years now. I do not use the modeling, simulations, dirt boxes or preamps. I mostly use it for live one step effects changes and amp channel changing. For practice I tend to use single stompboxes, since it's easier to create new things when it's all physically right in front of you. Once I get songs and the effects figured out, I program exactly what I need, along with a few extra CTRL options (delay, boost or improv on-the-fly type effects).

A trick I've found to make patches the same volume.....is to make a "master patch" One with nothing on it. Just clean, no verb, nothing. Then use that as a base for every single patch you make. Of course you'll have to compare patches anyway since certain effects lower or raise volume.

I usually run a RAT or J&H in the Loop for more gain options. I also like to run a separate Whammy, delay and reverb for flexible jamming options. Sounds like overkill, but it's just easier to tweak. That's the biggest con to multi-effects. Hard to tweak on the fly. Granted most options on the Boss are layed out on the face.....just like a stompbox....it's just easier with individual pedals.

Tone suck: I think there's a slight roll off of treble and bass.....but that can be adjusted via the global settings.

Overall I think the GTs are easy to program.......the effects are top notch, it eases the burden of tap dancing on single pedals and it has MIDI (6&8) and 1/4 (8) amp channel chaning abilities.

That's pretty interesting. How do you control your amp channels with the GT-8. Do you use a special type of cable? You can try to set the Global EQ as follows Low Odb's, Mids 500hz - Odb's, High 0 db's or to taste.

• Members

I have a GT-8 and just bought a Vox ToneLab (table top version). I've got my GT-8 on Craigslist to sell, and looking for a MIDI foot controller for the Vox. But after seeing JoshuaTSP's post I'm starting to think I should combine the Vox and the GT-8 together. The GT-8 for FX and the ToneLab for the amp/distortion. The GT-8 can act as a MIDI controller for the Vox as well. I could put the vox in the FX loop of the GT-8 and run midi cables between the two.

• Members

I have a GT-8 and just bought a Vox ToneLab (table top version). I've got my GT-8 on Craigslist to sell, and looking for a MIDI foot controller for the Vox. But after seeing JoshuaTSP's post I'm starting to think I should combine the Vox and the GT-8 together. The GT-8 for FX and the ToneLab for the amp/distortion. The GT-8 can act as a MIDI controller for the Vox as well. I could put the vox in the FX loop of the GT-8 and run midi cables between the two.

There you good thinking. Don't let that GT-8 go just because you got a tonelab. The more the better right. plus the GT-8 has the FX chain which you could place you tonelab anywhere in the chain.

• Members

That's pretty interesting. How do you control your amp channels with the GT-8. Do you use a special type of cable? You can try to set the Global EQ as follows Low Odb's, Mids 500hz - Odb's, High 0 db's or to taste.

Depends on your amp.

MIDI, it can do anything (it worked with my 4 channel Vendetta).....1/4" cable it can only handle two channels (Orange AD30HTC).

I think there's a rather thorough part on channel changing in the manual.

• Members

the OP reads like a sales rep for Boss... "It's better cuz its got teh COSMMMMM"

yeah, I personally thing GT-8 distortion/amp models sound like ass. Nice effects, though.

Like I told the other idiot, many people don't know how to use this awesome

device.

• Members

Depends on your amp.

MIDI, it can do anything (it worked with my 4 channel Vendetta).....1/4" cable it can only handle two channels (Orange AD30HTC).

got it thanks. I guess i'll have to go back to the manual.

• Members
Depends on your amp.

IIRC there is also a programmable footswitch output on the GT-8.

Archived