compression

DanJep

• Members

I've never seen the need for a compressor. I always thought that something "squishing" my signal would drive me nuts. After getting a Visual Sound Route 66 I can NEVER play without a compressor again. Anyone else feel like this?

• Members

When I bought my cs-2, it was mainly because it was cheap as {censored} from guitar center(25 bucksss) then I took it home and it changed my rig's dynamics alot.

I thought I wouldn't find any real practical apps for it, but it's amazing.

Kevin,

How do you set the attack knob when you use the CS-2 with humbuckers, on high gain stuff?

• Members

Kevin,

How do you set the attack knob when you use the CS-2 with humbuckers, on high gain stuff?

Umm I don't really play too much high gain stuff, but my attack knob is usually right around 1 oclock or off.

when it's off the cs-2 behaves exactly like a dyna comp, so thats good for low gain slight od stuff, but when I put some real dirt on it's usually around 1 ish.

:wave:

I'll run it with some higher gain stuff soon and we can talk about it

• Members
Umm I don't really play too much high gain stuff, but my attack knob is usually right around 1 oclock or off.

when it's off the cs-2 behaves exactly like a dyna comp, so thats good for low gain slight od stuff, but when I put some real dirt on it's usually around 1 ish.

:wave:

I'll run it with some higher gain stuff soon and we can talk about it

OK, so the more pick attack you need preserved, the more clockwise you turn it...I was confused, since I read about other compressors that have an attack knob working the other way around. Thanks!

Archived