First gig w/ teh Silver Kiss/Semaphore twins...

Tommy Horchata

• Members

I recently got a SKII and Semaphone American Edition from Nic over at Catalinbread.

Had a gig last night in Downey.............

I {censored}in love these 2 pedals!!! The Semaphore is such a HUGE upgrade from the Boss TR-2, and I'm only using it for traditional trem tones right now. I haven't even begun to unlock this box yet.

The SKII is just........wow. :love:

I upgraded from an early reissue TS9 and I gotta tell you guys how nice it was to have a full tonal pallette instead of the nasal mid jumped sound I got from the TS9.

Thanks, Nic!

Thanks Jay, too for a great job building 'em, too!

• Members

Funny how quickly we all shuffle back here when our other pusher doesn't have our fix. Just to keep this on topic, I dig the glassiness of the SK. Sounds great through a Strat, and I don't even like Strats.

Pusher.................................................................................?

I don't even know her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

• Members

i've been wondering the same thing. i think you can just get yours upgraded and not have to buy a new one.

True, I think you just have to pay shipping, IIRC, but it's best to email Catalinbread to get the straight scoop.

I've thought about getting the upgrade as well, but I kinda like its nastiness and all, so I might opt out.

• Members
True, I think you just have to pay shipping, IIRC, but it's best to email Catalinbread to get the straight scoop.

I've thought about getting the upgrade as well, but I kinda like its nastiness and all, so I might opt out.

That is why I am considering getting both. ;) Once you get as many dirt pedals as I have what's a few more. :D

• Members

Hey guys thanks for the kind words! In regard to the MKI to MKII upgrades I will give you my honest oppinion. In the 200 or so MKI's shipped only 20 have come back for "upgrade". Folks having a tough time deciding have to consider a few things. We can't reverse mod it after the fact. So if you like your MKI as it is you may want to keep it that way! We cannot accept any mod requests until after January. The holidays are in full force.

Personally I'd look at the MKI and MKII as different pedals entirely. The MKII is simply more refined. But the MKI has a place in my heart for sheer rawness.

• Members
Hey guys thanks for the kind words! In regard to the MKI to MKII upgrades I will give you my honest oppinion. In the 200 or so MKI's shipped only 20 have come back for "upgrade". Folks having a tough time deciding have to consider a few things. We can't reverse mod it after the fact. So if you like your MKI as it is you may want to keep it that way! We cannot accept any mod requests until after January. The holidays are in full force.

Personally I'd look at the MKI and MKII as different pedals entirely. The MKII is simply more refined.

Thanks Nic,

That's pretty much how I've been looking at it. I really like the (for lack of a better description) the unrefined quality I can get out of the MKI. I don't want to give that up. I assumed that the MKII would be a little "smoother". Looks like a new SK MKII is looming in my near future. :D

• Members
Thanks Nic,

That's pretty much how I've been looking at it. I really like the (for lack of a better description) the unrefined quality I can get out of the MKI. I don't want to give that up. I assumed that the MKII would be a little "smoother". Looks like a new SK MKII is looming in my near future.
:D

I imagine we'll be talking MKI vs. MKII comparisons tomorrow!!!

Archived