i don't feel like going to amp forum so...

Keith SIO

• Members

My peavey classic 50 has been freaking out lately. The other day it had thise hum in the background that stayed constant at any volume and I plugged the cord into another outlet and it left. Now, when I flick standby off to play my guitar my amp starts to make crackling sounds from the speakers and the power tubes buzz really loud...any idea what is wrong with my baby??

• Members

OK seriously WTF, I switched wall plugs again and took my tubes out and put them back in, no more problem. But still it's acted up twice in 3 days...I don't really want to pay to have it looked at unless it {censored}s up again. Even then I kind of jsut want to trade it in to GC for a classic 30, but the 50 is so much nicer to me!

• Members

OK seriously WTF, I switched wall plugs again and took my tubes out and put them back in, no more problem. But still it's acted up twice in 3 days...I don't really want to pay to have it looked at unless it {censored}s up again. Even then I kind of jsut want to trade it in to GC for a classic 30, but the 50 is so much nicer to me!

Get new tubes, bud.

Mine is doing the same thing actually. If it's the transformer, I'm going to jump off a bridge.

• Members

Get new tubes, bud.

Mine is doing the same thing actually. If it's the transformer, I'm going to jump off a bridge.

God, I really don't want to have to buy tubes right now when I am finally in line to finish my board. Signal is passing fine right now with no crackling, so I doubt it could be anything major? It isn't the fuse.

Peavey 50 is self biasing right?

• Members

My classic 30 would do that if the tubes wiggled down in the socket.

What you do is turn your amp on and play through it at a good volume for about an hour. Then reach down with your bare hand (important so you have just the right touch) and grab all of the tubes and push them in.

• Members

What you do is turn your amp on and play through it at a good volume for about an hour. Then reach down with your bare hand (important so you have just the right touch) and grab all of the tubes and push them in.

Ha Ha Ha!

• Members

ohwow.jpg

Also: how the hell do both the Classic 30 and 50 have the same power tube allotment but different power ratings?

Archived