Anyone have a Dunlop Rotovibe?

RUExp?

• Members

I own one and I enjoy it. I use the chorus mode more than the vibrato mode but both are useable sounds. I always leave the depth knob maxed out for the greatest effect possible. The vibrato does not sound like a univibe. It has a watery sound to it. The chorus is very subtle at a low rate but gets going once you sweep the pedal to a faster rate.

• Members

I'm addicted to mine, even turned the pots all the way up inside...never drastic enough. Anybody know someone that can make it more extreme? I bought the digitech for the leslie and it's actually really good (but the model of the roto is nowhere near as heavy as the real thing, and the univibe just didn't do it at all for me, neither does the h&K rotosphere).

• Members

I have one too. got it in the persuit of the "Machine Gun" effect but for me, it doesnt nail it quite right... the two modes are very useable just like SDSmusic said. the vibrato sounds kinda like a tremolo with speed control in real time but it also gives a little bit of pitch bending. the chorus mode is the one everybody buys it for. it sounds ok but not like a Uni-vibe. its too bright, not muddy like the "Machine Gun" tone... it does sound "liquid" but I can say that it is more of a modern sound than a vintage one. listen to Lenny Kravitz "Are you gonna go my Way". the riff pre-solo is the perfect Rotovibe tone.

• Members

I had one. It sounds best on its own without any additional dirt pedals...more of a phasery sounding pedal really...if you want to do the Hendrix thing there are better options. But its definitely a cool effect, the speed control is really handy and lets you do some cool stuff, and its hands down the coolest looking wah style enclosure out there. :love:

They're not really worth what you pay new, but if you can find one used for $100 or so its not a bad buy. I mis mine sometimes.

They work best with a TB loop though, so you can have the speed setting set and use the TB switch to add it into your chain, otherwise when you switch it on it starts out at the highest speed setting, which is offputting for some people. Plus its bypass causes problems for some people, although I never really minded it.

Archived