easy Small Stone vibrato mod

kismet78

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, Keith, I put up a decent close-up of the pcb WITH CAPTIONS!

while I am here, what's the best way to connect my wire to the end of the resistor?

I usually create a little hook with the wire and a little hook with the resistor leg, then squeeze the hooks together with some tweezers or something before soldering. In my mind, it gives a more solid mechanical connection.

• Members

OK, Keith, I put up a decent

I usually create a little hook with the wire and a little hook with the resistor leg, then squeeze the hooks together with some tweezers or something before soldering. In my mind, it gives a more solid mechanical connection.

Alright cool.

So now that my resistor is up, if I plugged into my amp it woul sound liek the vibrato mod right?? since the resistor wouldn't be sending the stock signal. The switch is basically so that you can get back to the stock board.

• Members

Alright cool.

So now that my resistor is up, if I plugged into my amp it woul sound liek the vibrato mod right?? since the resistor wouldn't be sending the stock signal. The switch is basically so that you can get back to the stock board.

Exactly!

• Members

ok,so i decided to do it anyways, its not what i would call a vibrato, its a mellower phase but thats about it and overall its not worth the time imo.

yes, i done it right, i referred to a schematic to find the correct resistor on my ss. i mean its useable but its piss weak imo.

now i think i'll just univibe it with a spare 4PDT i have.

• Members

what does the mod actually do soundwise?

It allows you to flip a switch and completely remove the dry signal. Without the dry signal, the wet signal sounds like a vibrato - because there is nothing for it to be "out of phase" with.

• Members

ok,so i decided to do it anyways, its not what i would call a vibrato, its a mellower phase but thats about it and overall its not worth the time imo.

yes, i done it right, i referred to a schematic to find the correct resistor on my ss. i mean its useable but its piss weak imo.

now i think i'll just univibe it with a spare 4PDT i have.

I'll have to disagree with you there. I hear the vibrato very clearly on mine. Maybe not quite as strong of an effect as a dedicated vibrato pedal, but I don't have anything around to compare. Anyway, with the colour switch down and the rate set mid way, there is a very prominent pitch warble on mine. Sounds cool enough that I've already written half a new song around it. :thu:

Archived