Analog + Digital Delay in 1 Pedal

-DC/AC-

• Members

That's what I want: a good digital delay sound for solos, but something analog sounding for ambient stuff and slapbacks. What are some good options?

I'm really liking the sound of T-Rex Replica but I can't justify spending $400 for a delay pedal, hopefully I can find a used one.

• Members

^Yes I have thought of two pedals but the problem is I'm worried that I would use the digital pedal more often than the analog delay which would not justify getting an actually analog delay, especially as expensive as they are. I feel a digital delay, that can emulate analog might be the way to go, but I'm still open to ideas.

As for what I'm using now...it's basically nothing, I've got a multi-fx unit with all kinds of delay (they all sound the same) and my amp has fx on it, including delay, but I'm not liking the sound I'm getting from either.

• Members

^Yes I have thought of two pedals but the problem is I'm worried that I would use the digital pedal more often than the analog delay which would not justify getting an actually analog delay, especially as expensive as they are. I feel a digital delay, that can emulate analog might be the way to go, but I'm still open to ideas.

As for what I'm using now...it's basically nothing, I've got a multi-fx unit with all kinds of delay (they all sound the same) and my amp has fx on it, including delay, but I'm not liking the sound I'm getting from either.

Dr. Scientist Sunny Day Delay... Do it...

• Members

i'm in this same situation.

currently running a dd6 + boss dm3.

I use the dm3 for warbly weird noise short delay'd things.. its really hard to explain.

I used to hate the DM3, b/c i was so used to the DMM.

But now.. I'm falling in love with the DM3. ANd i'm starting to consider the EKO600. EXP pedal FTW!

Archived