OT: New Gibson Robot anyone?

BTBAM

• Members

If all it is is the tuning thing... they REALLY should have downplayed the roboticness of it, and made it an option, and put it on classic looking Gibsons. Nobody wants a chameleon painted super fantabulous extra special robotron guitar.

+1

'Robot' is a loaded term which doesn't apply here. :cop:

EDIT:

Is tuning really that big of a deal anyway?!

And what's next, a fake robotic hand to play your chords for you?

We're becoming a bunch of pussies!

I saw that self-tuning system at last year's NAMM show. Pretty interesting, and it seemed to work well, but the price tag for the system was up in the near mint, vintage Bi-Phase with all the accessories range IIRC - way too much.

And I agree with whomever it was that said "make it an option on classic Gibsons - not a separate model"...

But when you see it in action, it is pretty cool. Just not for me - at that price, I'll keep doing it manually.

so thats it? I though they at least would of thrown in the ethercard/M-lan midi thing they were working on a few years ago. I wonder what ever happened with that?

I'm not sure. I do know that Craig Anderton is using a "digital Les Paul" for his live gigs these days - he would know about the ethernet thing. For all I know, that's what he's using...

You could always pop over to his forum and ask him. ;)

• Members
I'm not sure. I do know that Craig Anderton is using a "digital Les Paul" for his live gigs these days - he would know about the ethernet thing. For all I know, that's what he's using...

You could always pop over to his forum and ask him.
;)

sweet, thanks :phil:

• Members
mmm...I've just been reading the instructions and it would appear to intonate itself too........now that is handy.
:)

if you watch the video it shows you how that works. it tells you how many 'half turns' you need to adjust the screws at the bridge.

Archived