Saw Bright Eyes last night in DC

homestar_kevin

• Members
It was amazing.
:love:
:love:

It was the first time I've ever been to DAR constituion hall, that is such an awesome venue. Did anyone see that show, or see him on this current tour?

With the rest of the band, Connor Oberst is great. I can't listen to his old acoustic/solo stuff. ARgh.

It seems like with his last two albums, though, he's gotten better. I actually enjoy those.

• Members

He's getting better as he gets away from the acoustic solo drug-filled world. The albums he's released have been overpraised, especially 'Lifted' but I think he'll get better as he ages and matures. I enjoyed seeing him earlier this year. There are bits that make me cringe but there's a lot that is utterly triumphant.

• Members

He's getting better as he gets away from the acoustic solo drug-filled world. The albums he's released have been overpraised, especially 'Lifted' but I think he'll get better as he ages and matures. I enjoyed seeing him earlier this year. There are bits that make me cringe but there's a lot that is utterly triumphant.

Am I the only one that's preferring his older works as time goes by? I mean, Cassadaga was good and all, but there were some songs I totally was not digging. I'll take Fevers and Mirrors, Lifted, Digital Ash or Noise Floor over Cassadaga.

Archived