Differences between Line 6 Echo, Mod, and Filter pedals and Pro rackmounts?

GodBlessTexas

• Members

As the topic states, I'm interested in the specific differences of the Line 6 Modulation, Echo, and Filter Pro rackmount units and the Line 6 Modulation Modeler, Echo Modeler, and Filter Modelers? MIDI control? More presets? Is there anything these units do that I cannot do with my POD XT running strictly as an effects processor and not a pre-amp?

Thanks.

• Members

"4 series" pedals:

(+): 4 presets, can be easily used live

(-): unreliable (especially DL-4), bulky

"pro" rackmounts:

(+): midi control, more capabilities, reliable

(-): no built-in switching, so you have to use a midi footboard to switch them live

• Members

That's kinda what I expected. I have a MIDI foot controller, so that's not an issue. I'm wondering if it's possible to use the POD XT Pro as an effects only unit without running it as a pre-amp and get similar results. I've got the POD XT Pro and I don't use it for much except noodling when I like to have a wide array of tones. Why spend $1100 on the three Pro units when I already have this thing?

• Members

That's kinda what I expected. I have a MIDI foot controller, so that's not an issue. I'm wondering if it's possible to use the POD XT Pro as an effects only unit without running it as a pre-amp and get similar results. I've got the POD XT Pro and I don't use it for much except noodling when I like to have a wide array of tones. Why spend $1100 on the three Pro units when I already have this thing?

the individual units are *much* more tweakable. Try the pod (you can disable the preamp) and find out if you really *need* more. If not, you should be fine.

• Members

Thanks for the help. I've been stuck at work today, so I downloaded the POD XT Pro manual and read it for like the 300th time (or so it feels like), but it wasn't in there. I could have sworn it was in my hard copy manual that came with the unit. I'll have to check when I get home.

Archived