Toadworks Releasing New Texas Flood Overdrive!

• Members

I got my hot little hands on a proto the other day thanks to Ryan Dunn and have spent the past couple days running it thru it's paces. It's an offshoot of the coveted TS808 with big beefier bottom end - which in turn, creates a much deeper, fuller and richer mix of harmonics when you're hammering out those riffs and chords :eek:

I AB'd it for a good part of the evening last night with a stock Ibanez TS808 Reissue and dialed each pedal, the Texas Flood and the TS808, to match each other precisely throughout the sweep all the way to maxed out on all knobs and this bad boy punched the hell out of the TS808. The TS808, which I really liked before, now sounds thinner to me after the comparisons.

I used a Les Paul Studio and a Fender Custom Shop Deluxe and these two pedals for the first hour or so - then later in the evening I switched over to a Strat, and then my SG Classic to see how she'd do with P-90's and this thing sounded great! I especially liked it after my Teese RMC2 - great combination of searing lead and very emphasized vocal-like riffs.

I know that Ryans really excited about the new Barracuda Flanger based on Howard Leese's own modded flanger - but he finally and thankfully gave into everyone demanding that he put out his own version of the TS808. So here it is and it's "perfect". Daddy like that extra bottom end for his beloved Les Pauls :cool:

Pictured below are the proto and my TS808, and the graphic of the finished pedal which is, I believe, to be released at the next NAMM show. If I'm wrong about that hopefully Ryan will see this and jump in and correct me.

Congrats Ryan on adding another stellar product to you ever expanding line! And this pedal is unbelieveably quiet even at max settings. Awesome! :thu:

• Members

yeah, kinda like a marshall in a box and a high gain amp in a box...

Wasn't Ryan Dunn the one that sold you some Hammond enclosures so you could build some turd brown colored pedal that we've never heard of since? You owe him nothing for that act of kindness - but the least you can do is actually try out his pedal line before you criticize the man's work. :cop:

• Members

I might be interested in a Barracude Flange! When does it come out?

:wave: How ya been friend? :wave:

I don't remember - I think next month by Christmas, or maybe that was the original date of release. I've heard nothing to the contrary so I'm guessing they're still on target. Hope so! :cool:

I gotta go play - be nice folks. :)

• Members

Wasn't Ryan Dunn the one that sold you some Hammond enclosures so you could build some turd brown colored pedal that we've never heard of since? You owe him nothing for that act of kindness - but the least you can do is actually try out his pedal line before you criticize the man's work.
:cop:

Pimped!

• Members

Sorry. I should have announced that Brittany Spears decides to Wear Panties.

Just passing along a quick little review of a great little pedal. Sorry. I thought this was the effects forum. :poke:

:evil:

Hey did'nt they introduce these "new" pedals at last years Winter NAMM Show :confused: ???

I thought these units are in the stores already and selling for months now !!!

And now you say you got a "PROTO-TYPE" only now :freak: - i'm confused mate !

I thought Behringer is the ONLY CO. that we have to wait 18 months for their amps (Bugera) to see the light of day . . .

. . . what happed with these ?

• Members

:wave:
How ya been friend?
:wave:

I don't remember - I think next month by Christmas, or maybe that was the original date of release. I've heard nothing to the contrary so I'm guessing they're still on target. Hope so!
:cool:

I gotta go play - be nice folks.
:)

Thanks Rev. BTW, I enjoy your reviews and envy your opportunities to try out new gizmos. Keep the reviews coming, my friend. :thu:

• Members

where did I criticize his work hatchet face?

stick to the half assed spam and STFU

Rev Bro Church of Wasted Gear

Wasn't Ryan Dunn the one that sold you some Hammond enclosures so you could build some turd brown colored pedal that we've never heard of since? You owe him nothing for that act of kindness - but the least you can do is actually try out his pedal line before you criticize the man's work.
:cop:

Archived