UR DOINT IT WRONG!1!111

dlj112

• Members

Just got a barber tone press in. Tried it out with the band last night and sounded great on the "magic dust" setting for single coils. It definitely made my Music man axis supersport sit in the mix better when using the coil splitting on the neck/middle position. However, the humbuckers with gain were a different story.... I did not like what it was doing at all. Too much squash, killed the dynamics, which I've heard the barber does not do (so I'm probably doing something wrong :poke:). It might just be that compression is unnecessary in that setting, in which case I'm perfectly satisfied with the pedal and just using it for single coils and a bluesy clean setting with humbuckers. However, if I could add some of that "magic dust" to my gain settings w/ humbuckers that would be pretty sweet too. I am currently running the barber tone press first in the signal chain, before the pregain section. I have the mix and sustain at 11 o'clock and the volume at 1. Any suggestions? Am I just using a comp where it's really unnecessary?

Epi les paul w/ '57 classics or Music Man Axis Super Sport HH->Effects->Marshall JVM

• Members

I am using amp gain, I could stick it in the effects loop but I feel like that would lead to a lot of awful noise. I read about the trim pot thing, but from what I understand the factory settings are the most transparent, anything else makes it softer like an older comp. I probably just don't need it with the buckers and gain. Didn't Perry use a dynacomp with gain though?

Archived