Feeling a little bit sad...

Headlow

• Members

I sold my Laney VC30 today. Up until now its probably been my favourite amp that I've ever owned. Felt a little bit sorry to see it go.

On the upside I'm heading out soon for my first practice with my AC30, so that should cheer me up a bit.

• Members
I sold my Laney VC30 today. Up until now its probably been my favourite amp that I've ever owned. Felt a little bit sorry to see it go.

On the upside I'm heading out soon for my first practice with my AC30, so that should cheer me up a bit.

I bought one about a month ago...the 2x10" model with a 1x12" extention cab...I bloody love it.

But man, you have an AC30!!!! be happy!!! :thu:

• Members

If your back can handle it, that AC30 should put the smile back on your face.

What is it? CC1/2? older RI? vintage?

Its a CC1. You are right about the back thing, but once you plug it in it is very much worth the extra weight. I went for the one speaker version so that it would be a touch lighter......should have spent a little extra and got the CC2

• Members
I am dying to build a Weber 6V30 kit. Except...I would make mine a 2x15" AC30 with a pair of 15" Weber Blue Dogs.
:love:

sounds delicious.

im building a custom cab with one 12 and one 10. wahoo.

its gonna be like the cab i make for my gibson ga30 project. a head with a cab with one 12 and one 8.

FREQUENCY RESPONSE

• Members

sounds delicious.

im building a custom cab with one 12 and one 10. wahoo.

its gonna be like the cab i make for my gibson ga30 project. a head with a cab with one 12 and one 8.

FREQUENCY RESPONSE

Word. I also wonder what a 6x 8" AC30 would sound like.

• Members

Aww, the AC30 would be very nice though!

hope you enjoy it, and find it a step up:)

• Members

If you don't mind, I'd like to steal this idea for a guitar project.

Yoink!

Sure, just don't steal my 2x15" AC30 idea, LOL. Then I'll have to put out a hit on you...

The idea came after I did some reading on AC30 history and came upon the AC30 Twin Bass, which was a non top-boost JMI AC30/6 with a pair of 15" speakers, Goodmans probably, designed for bass players. Like the 4x10" Fender Bassman, it was a pretty dumb design for a bass amp considering its wimpy output power and open back cabinet. I couldn't find much information about this model, but I gather that only 100 were ever made. But, I bet a 2x15" AC30 would sound MASSIVE. Rather than recreate the original AC30 Twin Bass though I would just want a regular old Top Boost/Normal/Vibratrem AC30 circuit. Naturally the cabinet would need to be bigger to accommodate bigger speakers.

The 6x8" is just something I always wanted to do after I read somewhere that Fender wanted to try this with Bassman amps in the early 60's.

Archived