can someone PLEASE tell me about the boss ps-3

williamh

• Members

So, I tried asking on the thread that was posted earlier today and didn't really get any useful responses. The most I got was a link to a thread dedicated to threads about the ps3(most of which were useful). I couldn't really find a single good description of what makes this pedal unique and why it seems to be desirable around here. There was also a thread that apparently used to have sound clips, but all the links are currently dead. Anyways, looking forward to hearing responses about this.

• Members
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=750566&songID=5781285

Here's a clip I made using a PS3 into an SMMH. The looped drone in the background is using Mode 7 (pitch shift/with reverse delay) of the PS3 into the reverse delay of the SMMH. The chord swells are using mode 8 of the PS3 (non-cyclical chorus) into a 300ms delay with a long trail.

What's unique? For starters, the PS-3 is essentially a multi-fx pedal in a very small package: digital delay, whammy, harmonizer, octaver, ring modulator, and chorus. Mode 11 used with an expression pedal is tricky, but rewarding when you can get the tracking right. It allows you to start and stop the sweep in many different harmonic intervals, which is something the H.O.G. cannot do. Also, the mode 8 non-cyclical chorus is in stereo :love: with a slightly detuned pitch in each channel. Very cool! Those are just a few of the treats.

Archived