WOT: Any car guys around?

Drumas funk

• Members

I've got a piece of {censored} 99 Plymouth Neon. It's got to many problems for me to get them all fixed, doing this would mean investing more money than I think would be worth investing in this car.

So any suggestions on a car?

Price range is around $6-7,000. Would probably go a little higher if need be. I really don't know much about cars, and i've been looking so I thought I'd get a few suggestions. I'd like for it to be a four door.

So throw out whatchya got.

• Members

what kind of driving do you need to do?

these come to mind: used nissan sentra, subaru anything, honda civic, toyota avalon - these are all pretty reliable and come not that expensive.

if you want something classier, you can sometimes score an audi a4 used for about 7k

• Members

Wow, civic and corolla are the suggestion I got for the amp forum too. I'll keep my eye out for them. Any experiences with Mazda? I've heard bad things about Hyundai and Kia, but I figure I'll ask about them anyway, as there seems to be an abundance of them used. Probably because people are looking to get rid of them.

As for what kind of driving. Nothing special. Just to work and back (about 5 miles) and then to school next year (which is about 25 miles give or take). The occasional trip to Chicago for shows. But I don't really find myself in too much stop and go traffic.

• Members

i've always been driving civics, and although they're not true-bypass, i've never had any problems (well, aside from cv boot problem with my '91).. cheap on petrol, cheap on maintenance... although it's not necessarily a looker, one can be sure to live relatively problem-free with one if you know how to look after a car. .02

oh i drive a 2001 civic now.

• Members

what kind of driving do you need to do?

these come to mind: used nissan sentra, subaru anything, honda civic, toyota avalon - these are all pretty reliable and come not that expensive.

if you want something classier, you can sometimes score an audi a4 used for about 7k

my Mechanic call audis ouchey's because they cost so much to repair

Go for a subaru. thats what i want. :love:hot:love:

• Members

Mazdas are great... I have a 3 and its a wonderful car, you may be able to get an early 3 for that much. Otherwise protege's are really nice too.

Civics are good cars, no problem there... I'm just more of a Mazda fan. Sentra's are good cars, they just feel cheap to me, Nissan's in general do...

See if you can find a scion tc, those are really great cars... a lot of power for such a small car, and amazing quality interior, it's also got the Camry 2.4l 4 cylinder so it'll last forever.

• Members
I've got a piece of {censored} 99 Plymouth Neon. It's got to many problems for me to get them all fixed, doing this would mean investing more money than I think would be worth investing in this car.

So any suggestions on a car?

Price range is around $6-7,000. Would probably go a little higher if need be. I really don't know much about cars, and i've been looking so I thought I'd get a few suggestions. I'd like for it to be a four door.

So throw out whatchya got.

You can buy a good used Honda for that money....will always run... I have had two and will keep this one for a looooooong time.:wave:

• Members

6-7K will get you a nice 2000-2001 Ford Explorer with under 100K on it.
Grab a V6 LTD and you can get a sunroof, 4-whl discs with ABS, leather interior, full power options, etc. in nice shape.

I got a 2000 Eddie Bauer with tan leather and all power options (including heated seats & steering wheel radio controls) for $6500 last year.

Totalled it in August, and the ins. co. gave me $7240 for it.

Replaced it with a 99 LTD full power V6 with 98K on it for $5500.

• Members

The car i want is a scion tc. Its basically a toyota and they are pretty reasonable. Otherwise you cant go wrong with a camry or honda.

My sister just got a hyundai sonata and its really nice too. I dont have much experience with other vehicles in their line but youmay want to check them out.

The other I looked into was a mazda 3 and ive heard great things about it.

• Members

i've got my second corolla now and they hold up pretty {censored}in well...they're probably the least flashy car (save for that hugo) but they get the job done and i can fit 3 amps and my guitars/board in it pretty easily.

• Members

Thanks all. Saftey is an issue, so i'll keep that in mind. However, I'm thinking almost anything would be safer than my Neon.

I'm going to try and find a dealership that will do a trade in. Maybe 2000 or 3000 for my neon, seems reasonable.

I'll check out the Scion TC.

About Explorers and such, how well are they on gas mileage?

Archived