ehx black finger

mistersully

• Members

Essential pedal for me. It stays on all the time, unless I'm using the BMP. It sounds great with my Fenders, giving it that warm and slightly dirty single coil/woody tube tone. I mostly use the SQSH setting with the compression maxed, which is the most extreme setting, yet it's still relatively transparent compared to something like a DynaComp. No breathing at all. I don't have any trouble with clipping in that setting. It even sounds great running direct into my soundcard.

• Members

Essential pedal for me. It stays on all the time, unless I'm using the BMP. It sounds great with my Fenders, giving it that warm and slightly dirty single coil/woody tube tone. I mostly use the SQSH setting with the compression maxed, which is the most extreme setting, yet it's still relatively transparent compared to something like a DynaComp. No breathing at all. I don't have any trouble with clipping in that setting. It even sounds great running direct into my soundcard.

• Members

Essential pedal for me. It stays on all the time, unless I'm using the BMP.

So how come not w/ the BMP? I have a BYOC clone and it hates the dirty channel of my amp, but loves the clean!

I'd love to hear those clips!

• Members

So how come not w/ the BMP? I have a BYOC clone and it hates the dirty channel of my amp, but loves the clean!

I'd love to hear those clips!

The BMP already has plenty of cream and sustain, so the Blackfinger seems a bit redundant in the chain; although that's probably because I put the BF before the BMP. I might sound very different reversed. I'll have to experiment.

• Members

The BMP already has plenty of cream and sustain, so the Blackfinger seems a bit redundant in the chain; although that's probably because I put the BF before the BMP. I might sound very different reversed. I'll have to experiment.

Aaahhhh, I've been putting my compressor before my dirt. I'm rockin' a DOD compressor/Sustainer for now. I'll be getting the BYOC 5 knob compressor for x-mas, but I've been eyeballing the Black Finger for a while now.

I have the BYOC Muff clone and I did some mods to it and I'd agree that it's got plenty of volume and creamy-ness (I did the Creamy Dreamer mod). It's funny b/c for the longest time, I just relied on my MESA Tremoverb's OD for my dirt and a TS9 for solos, but now I love the BYOC LB on my clean channel for synthy leads! I'll see if I can get a good recording w/ my POD.

Archived