Can anyone recommend a good chorus pedal?

chrisn12

• Members

For the 1000 people that might answer this question, you will probably get 800 different opinions. There is a super easy-to-use search function in this forum that you can use to find 50-something identical threads to this one from the past year, and each one of them will have the same answers you will get here... only you won't have to wait for people to post their opinions... because they already have... 50-some different times.

With that being said, MXR Stereo Chorus all the way!~

• Members

Ibanez rotary chorus rc-99

ibanez_rc-99_001.jpg

Plaing with settings you can find: vintage chorus, modern chorus, univibe, leslie, psycho-crazy sounds, mono or stereo output. All analog, all in one pedal.

For me it's the DEFINITIVE chorus pedal.

It's isn't so expensive on the used market.

:wave:

• Members

...of course lots of options, just because one person likes it doesn't mean you will, then again you may agree completely with a suggestion..so here goes my list of boxes to consider...

1. Chorus:

A. EHX Small Clone. Excellent tone & pretty darned inexpensive, especially used.

B. MXR M-134. Seems under-rated to me. Very nice pedal.

C. DLS Chorus~Vib. Highly praised (both the chorus & vibe) & reasonably-priced used.

D.E.F. Red Witch Empress, Analogman Clone Clone (w/deep switch), DLS Ultra Chorus II. All top notch. All definately more $, around 200 smackers (I think), used.

2. Delay:

A. Guyatone MD-3. Not fancy. But excellent sounds from this tiny marvel. Also saves a lot of space on a board. Do yourself a favor & take a good look at this one.

B. Digitech DigiDelay. Versatile & inexpensive.

C. Line6 Echo Park. Lots of people think it's a very good delay.

D.E.F. Boss DD-20, DLS EchoTap, TC Electronics Nova Delay. Again, all great in their own right.

Read some reviews. Listen to some clips. Good luck. Have fun.

• Members

Best chorus I've ever heard was the BYOC chorus. ES-135 BYOC chorus and Fender amp. I'm not much of a chorus guy but it really grabbed my attention. Unfortunately I don't think that kit is sold anymore. They do have a chorus but it's a bit different so my friend says. I would at least have a listen. Try youtube or http://www.buildyourownclone.com/

If you don't want to build you can buy them prebuilt. Good luck.

Archived