FuzzFactory Volume Question

letveronafall

• Members

I'm new to Zvex pedals and just recently got a fuzz factory i love some of the sounds i can get at really low amp volumes, but if i am playing at the level i do with my band, and i kick on the FF it is INSANELY LOUD, too loud to even use (this is the reason i dont use it more)!!!

i dont even have the volume knob at the suggested 9 o clock position, its more around 7 or 7:30... on most other dirt pedals i have the volume knobs set around 12 oclock or so, is this normal with the fuzz factory?? something i can do to attenuate the volume without having to radically change amp settings??

• Members
I'm new to Zvex pedals and just recently got a fuzz factory i love some of the sounds i can get at really low amp volumes, but if i am playing at the level i do with my band, and i kick on the FF it is INSANELY LOUD, too loud to even use (this is the reason i dont use it more)!!!

i dont even have the volume knob at the suggested 9 o clock position, its more around 7 or 7:30... on most other dirt pedals i have the volume knobs set around 12 oclock or so, is this normal with the fuzz factory?? something i can do to attenuate the volume without having to radically change amp settings??

Is it Unity Gain? Where you set the Fuzz Factory volume to match the bypass clean sound. Then set your amp volume. Season to taste, meaning the Fuzz Factory can be a hair louder. :)

• Members

route your gear with an ABY box, with the FF only into a different amp.. like say, a 5150... with the FF>5150 only.. have your main amp set clean, but when you want to bring the house down, stomp the ABY box to send your always-on FF to your second amp! clean+dirty! allowing you to tone your dirt sound to taste..

• Members

after i fixed my ff recently (a wire cam loose) i put a new battery in it, and i think its now louder than before.

before about 9 o'clock was right a little above or a little below

now 9 is too much.

maybe when the battery ages 9 will be ok again :)

• Members

thanks guys im using a JCM800 and mostly i use the FF on a clean channel with a little compression from a keeley... its just so {censored}ing loud, i will try turning it down, i was just wondering if i wasnt getting all i could from my zvex since the volume control is set so low

• Members
thanks guys im using a JCM800 and mostly i use the FF on a clean channel with a little compression from a keeley... its just so {censored}ing loud, i will try turning it down, i was just wondering if i wasnt getting all i could from my zvex since the volume control is set so low

If you have the Keeley Comp on after the Fuzz Factory the Comp's volume will
control the Fuzz Factory volume.

Do you have the Fuzz Factory set for unity gain? So your fuzz volume is the same as the clean volume? :)

• Members

If you have the Keeley Comp on after the Fuzz Factory the Comp's volume will

control the Fuzz Factory volume.

Do you have the Fuzz Factory set for unity gain? So your fuzz volume is the same as the clean volume?
:)

i do have the comp on after the FF this is how i usually fix the problem, but when i do have the volume knob on the FF set to unity gain it is very low, like around 7:30, if i turn it much more, there will be no sound. i was just wondering if such a low volume setting is normal for the pedal.

i think my question has been answered, i was just curious what other people thought about the high volume output of the pedal:)

• Members

i do have the comp on after the FF this is how i usually fix the problem, but when i do have the volume knob on the FF set to unity gain it is very low, like around 7:30, if i turn it much more, there will be no sound. i was just wondering if such a low volume setting is normal for the pedal.

How is this? if i turn it much more, there will be no sound.

What year Fuzz Factory? Vexter?

• Members

its a vexter, but the volume level/knob goes from silent to ear-raping with just a small tweak.. its not unbearable by any means, just really loud,unless i go past 9 oclock(which would then make anyone in close range ears bleed)i found the list of FF settings floating around the forum, tried some out earlier, some pretty cool stuff...

Archived