"Creamy Dreamer" Big Muff mod - where do I find it?

mike.sartori

• Members

I'm not even going to mess around with the normal stuff, I'm going to build my muff to modified specs!

Also, does anyone know of mods that improve the muff for use with bass guitar? I won't be using my old russian muff when my GGG kit gets here, so I might as well mod it. I think I will give it to my bassist for Christmas.

• Members

Not sure how helpful this will be, but it's a thread at the BYOC forum. I did the CD mod to my BYOC clone. It's cool. A muff on 11 sums it up best.

Interesting. This thread speaks of the creamy dreamer as being more gain and more noise, when It was suggested to me before people said it made it smoother:freak: - this doesn't seem like it's the case.

Did you just change those 3 resistors, or did you do all the value changes?

• Members

Isn't it just wiring the emitter to ground with no resistor?

c

I put a switch in that allows me to toggle btw the stock setting and the CD mod - which is basically what M900 describes. I thought it would be a smoother sound too from the sound of it. There are plenty of mods out there so you can probably get it dialed the way you want. I'm still new and a "paint by numbers" builder at this point, so I don't fully understand the circuitry enough to know what does what. Someday...

• Members

I did it by removing those 3 resistors and installing a "jumper" wire in their place. It worked out nicely. No extra noise, and it was smoother. Very Pumpkins-ish to me.

The original website with the schematic/info I went by has been down for some time.

• Members

I put a switch in that allows me to toggle btw the stock setting and the CD mod - which is basically what M900 describes. I thought it would be a smoother sound too from the sound of it. There are plenty of mods out there so you can probably get it dialed the way you want. I'm still new and a "paint by numbers" builder at this point, so I don't fully understand the circuitry enough to know what does what. Someday...

I'm the same way; I build it, and if it works, great! If not . . . I have no clue how to fix it! Fortunately one of my best buds is an electronics whiz. I guess I'll give it a go, and hopefully it sounds good (and hopefully the pedal works!)

Archived