Line 6: Our Pedals Not Recommended For Effects Loop Use

Jumbo Fuzz

• Members

Possible the line6Andy doesn't quite know what he is on about and hasn't played with many different amps and their different FX loop types (dB boost, parallel, FX mix etc).

You are unlikley to damage a pedal / amp by putting it in teh loop, worst case it will be too quiet or give a volume boost, then you use the FX min control, line - level control etc to get the correct sound level.

• Members

Possible the line6Andy doesn't quite know what he is on about and hasn't played with many different amps and their different FX loop types (dB boost, parallel, FX mix etc).

yeah, that's what i thought too when i was reading it. he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about 100%.

• Members

You are unlikley to damage a pedal / amp by putting it in teh loop, worst case it will be too quiet or give a volume boost, then you use the FX min control, line - level control etc to get the correct sound level.

in the case of the DL4 - you might get runaway repeats on some settings.

• Members

I'm pretty sure he works for Line6, so he would know what the pedal was designed for and what could hurt it. It may be ok with some loops but obviously they can't check or rate every single amps effect loop and how they work to make a list of which ones are ok and which ones are not, so they make the blanket statement not to use it in a loop. I would be careful, this could be the cause of a lot of the "reliability" issues some people have.

Archived