Envelope filter to get bloc party 'positive tension'/'climbing up the walls'/metroid?

willburford

• Members

I'd like an envelope filter to get me those weird 'positive tension', 'climbing up the walls' (radiohead... figured I didn't need to put who it was by. So many radiohead fanatics here, which is great!), and metroid prime sounds. I through in metroid because metroid is cool.:poke:

Thanks. Oh and I'd like to be as small as possible. Not some q-tron + deal.

• Members

I'd like an envelope filter to get me those weird 'positive tension', 'climbing up the walls' (radiohead... figured I didn't need to put who it was by. So many radiohead fanatics here, which is great!), and metroid prime sounds. I through in metroid because metroid is cool.:poke:

Thanks. Oh and I'd like to be as small as possible. Not some q-tron + deal.

Climbing Up The Walls = Novation BassStation keyboard (dinky Moog Rogue clone). A keyboard, not a guitar effect unfortunately.

Positive Tension = Boss Bass Synth SYBXX whatever. He has it just to trigger those laser sounds. It's pretty average though. It doesn't work so well in a live context as the trigger doesn't respond amazingly well.

If you want similar things done on a guitar, you have a couple of good choices:

EHX Micro Synth

or

build your own guitar "synth", such as the MFOS Sub Commander.

• Members

Aww that's a bummer pan. Any other filters out there that'll just get me in the ballpark? Mini q-tron? One of the many dod 440 clones?

I've only got metroid prime, and I'm a couple hours into it :p Played metroid prime 2, didn't like it so much. And I only have a gamecube (I know, I know...) so I can't do metroid 3. How is it?

• Members

Positive Tension = Boss Bass Synth SYBXX whatever. He has it just to trigger those laser sounds. It's pretty average though. It doesn't work so well in a live context as the trigger doesn't respond amazingly well.

yeah, its so {censored}ing useless :wave:

• Members

Climbing Up The Walls = Novation BassStation keyboard (dinky Moog Rogue clone). A keyboard, not a guitar effect unfortunately.

If you want similar things done on a guitar, you have a couple of good choices:

EHX Micro Synth

or

build your own guitar "synth", such as the MFOS Sub Commander.

I've really found a lot of synth effects can be duplicated on guitar. After you add distortion and modulation they kind of start to sound similiar anyway. A cheap bass synth is good too.

Archived