Bargain of a lifetime

orange worker

• Members

Craigslist. I caught it an hour after the posting and emailed. Didn't hear back for a few days and then out of the blue got a reply to come check it out. Had to drive back out to LI to get it after driving 300+ miles already today for work, but was worth it. Ad said it was shot, but it's in really decent condition. I'm still in disbelief.

• Members

Okay, the craziest thing just happened. I just won a '"needs repair" 73 Mark I Rhodes on eBay a few minutes ago for $120. Not as good a deal as $60, but I only have to drive about 60 miles to pick it up :lol: Unfortunately, the owner can't find the pedal and rod :cry: I'm hoping he still finds it, and can mail it to me.

• Members
Nice
:)

Much easier in FL, don't have to deal with the C/L vultures here in NY.

I forgot to say re: the sustain pedal/rod - it is part of the cabinet, so it just pokes out the top when you press it. really cool. Looks so nice all suitcased up so the cat can't get it
:cop:

I recently snatched up a 1992 American Standard Telecaster for $450 - great condition, no fret wear. It's not as good a deal as Orange Worker's $60 buck Rhodes, but it was a very good price and it was from NYC CL. There are some great deal on CL here, you just have to check it a few times a day and be ready to jump on it.

• Members

I recently snatched up a 1992 American Standard Telecaster for $450 - great condition, no fret wear. It's not as good a deal as
Orange Worker
's $60 buck Rhodes, but it was a very good price and it was from NYC CL. There are some great deal on CL here, you just have to check it a few times a day and be ready to jump on it.

I always check alot - NYC/NJ/LI/etc. The rhodes was actually on the LI section not under NYC(there are 2 sections for some reason) I missed out on a Roland Juno 6 & a 70s Fender Bronco bass for $150 by like 5 minutes on friday. I always miss out on the Moog Murfs when they pop up too. I remember one that was like $250 with expression pedals.

• Members
Okay, the craziest thing just happened. I just won a '"needs repair" 73 Mark I Rhodes on eBay a few minutes ago for $120. Not as good a deal as $60, but I only have to drive about 60 miles to pick it up
:lol:
Unfortunately, the owner can't find the pedal and rod
:cry:
I'm hoping he still finds it, and can mail it to me.

coool :thu:

• Members
coool
:thu:

Ah Melx, my wife is going to kill me when she gets home :deadhorse:

I seriously have nowhere to put this thing, and who knows how much more cash I'll have to pump into it to get it fully functional again. So now I'm on a quest to learn Rhodes DIY repair :lol: I've scoured the internet for all the info I can find. If anyone knows some good resources, please post them.

I just couldn't pass it up. I figured, worst case scenario is that I can't possibly repair it, so I sell the thing for parts on eBay and try to make back some of the $122, or I wait until I have the cash to put another $500 into it to restore it.

• Members
Ah Melx, my wife is going to kill me when she gets home
:deadhorse:

I seriously have nowhere to put this thing, and who knows how much more cash I'll have to pump into it to get it fully functional again. So now I'm on a quest to learn Rhodes DIY repair
:lol:
I've scoured the internet for all the info I can find.
If anyone knows some good resources, please post them.

I just couldn't pass it up. I figured,
worst case scenario is
that I can't possibly repair it, so I sell the thing for parts on eBay and try to make back some of the $122, or I wait until I have the cash to put another $500 into it to restore it.

hahahaha......you crazy!

have you picked it up now??

• Members

The only thing I ever found on craig's list was an old MXR flanger for $50. Usually it is either scammers or people asking top dollar for used gear. Sounds like you got a good deal.

Out of curiosity I responded to an ad, said he had a gibson les paul it is old didn't know what it is worth. So I ask for a picture. Look's nice, I was being nice and said if it is a real LP in good condition it is valuable, then he responds back that he played since 1959 all about the pickups he put in it the year the model wanted such and such so wtf was that all about.

Archived