distortion/fuzz from unlikely pedals/equipment

hangwire

• Members

I was just thinking about all the great sounds I have gotten out of unlikely equipment... probably brought on my me decideing to sell my LoFi.

About 5 years ago in Chicago I tried out a bunch of the *new* Ibanez pedals and found that the LoFi sounded like an amazing gritty low gain "50s supro/valco combo amp" toned distortion with the "cut" controls set to zero. :cool:

But my favorite was my Akai reel to reel... I think I was still in highs chool and I got it at a used shop really cheap.... I found that channel 2 plugged direct had this amazing superfuzz :eek: when dimed... unfortunatley it broke in a move.

anyone else got great distortion or fuzz from an unliley source???

• Members

My Sennheiser headphones wouldn't let me hear any cleans on my Microcube very well at all. It started to clip horribly. But turning it up fully, I got this {censored}ing awesome distortion I've never heard the exact likes of before. Sounded kind of vintage. Not very "Can'o'Bees" at all. I recommend trying this combination sometime if you have a Microcube and studio-impedance(which is silly since these headphones were marketed for home use) headphones.

I bought a Zoom G1 for quiet headphone practicing and that worked okay. At first I felt cheated with these headphones but it turns out they're amazing quality for the price. I don't think I'd notice much of a difference in higher end headphones. I just need to get a boostaroo or something so I can use them with my Mp3 player.

Archived