monster prolink cable are they worth it?

woodylong

• Members

I just bought a new 20ft monster prolink cable, I'm very happy with it. Now I want to upgrade the rest of my cables. Are there anyother cables out there just as good but maybe cheper ?

I used to work for Monster Cable so I got all my Studio Pro 1000 cables for about $10 each (they normally sell for about $100 each). They do sound good, but honestly if I didn't get the discount, I wouldn't pay more than $30 each for them list. There are cables for less money that sound just as good.

The tip ends are also utter crap. They have a tendency to crack or break outright. Monster Cable knows this but after a cost benefit analysis, they determined that it's cheaper to just replace the cables under the warranty than to put quality tip ends on them from the get go.

• Members
With Monster, you get a lifetime warranty. Walk in with a bad one, walk out with a good one same-day. No sending back to the manufacturer, no receipt needed. Most other cable companies don't offer that.

mate, it's a cable....what can go wrong? a jack fails, you solder a new one on.....$2.

as for 'no other company' I think you'll find there are plenty, whirlwind, and Venom spring to mind...not that i'd reccomend those either though.

....and I mean, Look how much you are paying for that warranty!! :freak:

• Members

Monster cable plugs are oversized by fractions of an inch which is one of their tricks to get better contact. It also wears out many jacks to the point that you cant use a regular cable any more. It might also break certain plastic-sleeved jacks. I used to use them but now stay far away from anything with their name on it.

• Members

why is it better than monster?

My advice to you is this --

Take everything you hear about cables here and elsewhere with a grain of salt. When someone say that one cable sounds better than the next, take that as a grain of salt. Prices vary widely. Some reasonable and some way expensive. You have to ask yourself if the price is worth the tone "claimed," and if such claim is even real. While i can personally attest to the good customer service of lavacable, it is a business like the next businessman and he's there to make money. Do a lot reading and come to your own conclusion.

Archived