BOSS Hyper Fuzz (FZ-2) Lovers Lounge

swollenpickles

• Members

Are there any other Hyper Fuzz owners on here? Do you love it? Hate it? Feel indifferent?

I'm not sure what it is about the FZ-2 but I dig it. The second, over the top fuzz mode, has a strange quality to it, like it's got a bit of ring modulation happening. The boost mode is also a personal fav, for clean boost type stuff, I'd say I would have almost bought one for that function alone.

So raise your hands if you love the Hyper Fuzz...

• Members

People went whacky over that pedal a few years ago, back when they were selling for $40. It has an interesting synthetic tone about it. It's meant to be based on the Univox SuperFuzz, with the fucntionality of a BeeBaa. I quite liked the FZ-3 as well, FWIW.

Me also, on all counts.

• Members

I love it...I was just playing mine. My only issue is that to anyone that's ever listened to Electric Wizard, they're just going to think you're ripping off Dopethrone because it's impossible to not sound like that in mode 2...still it's a great, great sound for heavy riffs. I haven't found anything else that really compares.

• Members

Say what? You must have the lowest output pups on the planet because there are ridiculous amounts of gain on tap even below noon.

Jazzmaster Antiquity IIs... moderate output. I just think the pedal sounds better at higher gain and lower output level. If you're using low gain and high output, {censored} it, just use mode III.

• Members

i don't think i'm a huge fan cause i haven't even plugged it in over the last two years. i can't bring myself to sell it though. i'll have to play it tonight to remember what it sounds like. i remember i used mode 1 almost exclusively and the volume boost mode was huge.

• Members

Wasn't the FZ-2 one of the main dirt boxes of NIN a few years ago ???

I remember reading something like that, in a mag somewhere
:confused:

I have no idea but I could see that...vocals and drums through it sound all {censored}ed up through it (in a good way).

• Members

i love the clean boost, and its freakin huge. anyone know what db it boosts? must be like a gazillion!

the fuzzes werent bad, either. didnt really thrill me (i have a ton of other fuzzes), but it was good

I love putting the boost in front of my JCM800. Sounds huge! I'd buy it for the boost alone I think.

Archived