PATCH CABLES!??!?!!

Crxsh

• Members

So I suddenly have more FX pedals than ever before....

WHERE DO I GET CHEAP PATCH CABLES??!??!??

I found that you can buy a 6-pack of 6" Hosa Cables for $10 (+$5 shipping) from American Musical Supply.... but where do you get these things without spending an arm and a leg?

• Members

How do you make your own?

I have hosa's (the thick cable). DO NOT USE THESE. They are not flexible and I have to crunch my damn board together in order to compensate for the lack of flexibility. If you want to spend a little money, get George L's. I've never really heard anything bad about them. The expensive part of these are the input plugs, but you can replace the cable as frequently as you want (on eBay, it's like $1/foot.)

I'm gonna get them soon. I'm just debating on wether I should get them in black, red, blue, or white. They're good, get them. K.

• Members

call me a snob, but if you're going to spend money on pedals, don't go for cheap cables.. or at least aim for quality stuff that's of good quality... like george L's or the planet waves cables...

imagine driving a 2005 merc on 91 octane. my .02

91 is the highest octane that the government of california has decided that we are free enough to get, so I don't have to use my imagination.

• Members

Yeah... I looked at planet waves and whatnot... but I'm looking for a cheap fix right now. I thought about getting some decent cable and some ends and making my own.... but like I said, cheap fix.

Those HOSA's are essentially 'Buy 5, get 1 free' after shipping. Maybe they're not the best, but they'll get the job done cheaply until I can afford George L's or something.

I should ask though, if you can get good cable for $1 a foot on eBay, where can you get decent right angle ends for cheap?

Archived