Someone explain to me why builders of anything should price stuff at any given level.

Collapse

• Members

Those two Vex threads are ridiculous.

You don't deserve to be able to afford luxury items.

If people weren't buying them, the price would be lowered, the product would be discontinued, or the builder would go out of business.

I'm no huge fan of capitalism, but seriously, what the {censored}?

Go buy something cheaper to make noise with or quit playing music.

• Members
Wait...I'm not understanding this thread - are you saying it's good that people charge so much for effects, or that it's good that people are complaining about other people charging so much for effects?

:confused:

:freak:

Charging a bunch of money for an effects pedal is morally neutral.
Complaining about the price of a pedal for 600 posts is stupid.

• Members

Charging a bunch of money for an effects pedal is morally neutral.

Complaining about the price of a pedal for 600 posts is stupid.

True.

If you don't like what something costs, don't buy it. It's not like there aren't thousands of other options for pedals in all sorts of price ranges...

But, there seem to be a few posters here on HCFX that just have time to waste...

• Members

People have a right to charge whatever they want to for a product.
People also have a right to complain about it.
People even have a right to complain about the people complaining about the prices of certain products.
Weird.

Whats weirder?

You don't
deserve
to be able to afford luxury items.

That anyone would consider a zvex a luxury item.

• Members

People even have a right to complain about the people complaining about the prices of certain products.

Weird.

Whats weirder?

ITS ON

• Members

Weird.

Whats weirder?

you currently have the highest iq on this board :thu:

• Members

If a pedal is cool, sounds good, is well built, and is unique, Ill buy it if the price is reasonable. Reasonable is based on what spare cash I have at the moment. People always get stuck on the cost of parts when they complain about a pedal. They get angry when a seemingly expensive pedal only has $30 in parts. They never seem to care is the builder can eat or heat his home, all they care about is the cheap cost of parts.

• Members
I agree completely. Price controls are only justified with regards to essential products available only through monopolies or near-monopolies. Fuzz boxes don't qualify.

+ 1. I'm no teen and yet still cannot really afford a $300 pedal at the moment, but I don't begrudge the builder/seller for it. Do I wish some products were cheaper than they are? Yes~! :D

But if what I am interested in is not cheap enough for me I simply make a decision whether to just forget about it, save up for one, or get something else within a range I either feel like paying or can afford. Duh~! :idea::D

• Members

Alright, from what I've gathered, the issue here is not the fact that Zvex drastically overprices his effects, it's his complete opposition to any sort of cloning that people are upset about. You can't make a FF without getting threatened w/ legal action by the dude, it's sort of ridiculous.

I mean... he is protecting his livelihood...

• Members

If an individual starts making a selling pedals then he is going to have to charge a lot more than you'd pay for a mass produced pedal. Otherwise there isn't going to be any money in the operation. If one can come up with an especially good design then the pedal may be worth a lot more. It won't sell if nobody wants to pay the price. But the price can't be be higher than people want to pay. So the idea that someone is morally wrong for pricing at any level is retarded. And the idea that the pedal isn't worth that much is valid for a lot of people. But if it's selling then some people must think it's worth it.

I say hurray for expensive pedals. It will just encourage more people into the field.

Archived