Just got off the phone with Musicians Friend

M900

• Members

and man, the phone sales guy and the manager were dense as {censored}.

See, I wanted to pick up a strap;

487160.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Red-Monkey-Refugee-Leather-Guitar-Strap?sku=361018

among other things (odds and ends totalling about $150 or so)

Initially (at least a week ago) the thing was 14.99. They raised the price by $20, so I did a Google search and found this;

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P5LWQ6/ref=nosim/?tag=pricegrabber2-mi-20&creative=380333&creativeASIN=B000P5LWQ6&linkCode=asn

at Amazon for the original price. Now I had over a hundred bucks of supplies in my cart, so I called MF to see if they will give me the Amazon price, and they refused! To me it was logical -- instead of having me go through Amazon, I can buy it directly from MF, MF saves on the Amazon seller fees, and I buy more stuff from them! But somehow, that didn't make sense to the manager...:confused:

Long story short, I bought the strap from MF but through Amazon (which means MF would have to pay Amazon a surcharge), and I'm buying the rest of my crap somewhere else...

Now, does anyone know where I can get a nickel cover for a Gibson bridge humbucker??? :cool:

c

• Members

I've had issues with MF and Music123 (now they're the same) and each time I've been denied what's been advertised or stated in their policy based on some {censored}ing technicality that only made sense to them. They're pricks.......but I love getting those catalogs in the mail. :rolleyes:

• Members

I had a bittersweet experience with them on the phone.

To summarize:

I ordered something online. It didn't arrive for days and days. Called them to complain/investigate, only to find out that it was a recently discontinued item. Was piss'd they didn't tell me that, and made me wait... but to compensate for the aggrevation they gave me a deep discount on a similar item. $40 off on a $120 item.

Outcome: I'll still use MF, sparingly.

• Members

I had a bittersweet experience with them on the phone.

To summarize:

I ordered something online. It didn't arrive for days and days. Called them to complain/investigate, only to find out that it was a recently discontinued item. Was piss'd they didn't tell me that, and made me wait... but to compensate for the aggrevation they gave me a deep discount on a similar item. $40 off on a $120 item.

Outcome: I'll still use MF, sparingly.

You sold out, man! Oh, wait, did you say $40 off?

• Members
You sold out, man! Oh, wait, did you say $40 off?

everyone's gt a price...

:lol:

I'll still use them -- I still remember buying my Ibanez Thrash Metal and a butt load of picks from them back in the day. I don't think they even had a website then! I've never had an issue with MF and I'm willing to treat the actions of a short-sighted phone operator and his manager as an isolated incident.

but man, the 2 dudes talked to weren't very bright...

c

Archived