So I want a Reverb and another Delay...

Noise...

• Members

I've been thinking about what other pedals I really want for my board, and only two really stick out. A good, versatile reverb, and another delay.

I already have a DE7, and I'm going to get a SMMH, and I was thinking that one with multi-slapbacks would be cool - like the sound you can get with Boss delays. Does the DD-20 do that type of delay? What about the TC Electronics Nova Delay?

As for Reverb, I really don't know where to look. I think the Holy Grail may be too basic, and I've heard the Verbzilla sounds a bit sterile. What about the TC Electronics Nova Reverb? I want a lot of versatility - from normal spring and hall sounds, all the way to really odd, ambient sounds as well.

I really don't have a price-range for either. I probably won't get either until early next year, so I've got time to save. I'd prefer them to be under $250 each though, just because I really wouldn't want to spend more than that on a pedal.

Any suggestions?

• Members

EHX Holy Grail is fantastic. Although I'm gonna sell it to pay for my next amp (FDRRI), it can do everything you want. Everything just sounds like you'd expect from EHX. It has a spring setting, a hall setting, and a flerb setting (flange and reverb). It's super. I love it.

• Members

EHX Holy Grail is fantastic. Although I'm gonna sell it to pay for my next amp (FDRRI), it can do everything you want. Everything just sounds like you'd expect from EHX. It has a spring setting, a hall setting, and a flerb setting (flange and reverb). It's super. I love it.

My only worry with the Holy Grail is that it won't be versatile enough.

Can it get that really long, ambient reverb? I know it does spring reverb sounds really well, but I need something that can do that, as well as the long, extremely ambient sounds.

Will the Grail do that?

• Members

+1 on the Verbzilla. I think if you're running it into a tube amp then you'll have no problems with the sound. One problem I have is that there's a really small popping noise when I turn the mode knob. Even when the pedal is off. And if I turn the knob enough times, the pedal turns on. That's crappy, but you probably wouldn't have problems with it. And you can get those long reverbs :thu:

• Members
the holy grails are flimsy tho... i have been through 2 now - same pcb problem, and on both occassions = unrepairable.

I take really good care of my pedals, and EHX has a warranty, so that's not an issue for me. :idk:

It seems like the Holy Grail may work for me. $100 definitely beats $200+ for the TC Electronics Nova.

Ok, so now onto the delay. Is Boss the only option for getting that multi-slapback? That's really the only thing that I want that the SMMH or my DE7 won't do.

Or, will the SMMH do that? :confused:

• Members
I take really good care of my pedals, and EHX has a warranty, so that's not an issue for me.
:idk:

It seems like the Holy Grail may work for me. $100 definitely beats $200+ for the TC Electronics Nova.

Ok, so now onto the delay. Is Boss the only option for getting that multi-slapback? That's really the only thing that I want that the SMMH or my DE7 won't do.

Or, will the SMMH do that?
:confused:

i take care of my pedals too, but both pedals failed JUST outside their warrantly periods. the tech i went to said they TRY to repair a lot of EHX new pedals...

Archived