So...my DL4 is about to bite the dust..

mpdan

• Members

I've had it for more than 6 years...and I've definitely got my $200 out of it... Do I need to just buy another one? I was actually thinking of buying 2 DD-3s.

But man... 3 presets and a tap tempo is perfect.

What to do?

• Members

I've had it for more than 6 years...and I've definitely got my $200 out of it... Do I need to just buy another one? I was actually thinking of buying 2 DD-3s.

But man... 3 presets and a tap tempo is perfect.

What to do?

...Why exactly is it about to bite the dust? What's the issue with it?

• Members
it was built like {censored}, by line6.
:)

I've gigged with mine consistently since I bought it..and I didn't have any issues until very recently. I don't abuse it, but I've definitely used it over the years.

I think I'll just buy another one. I haven't seen one with the same feature set... a couple presets and easily accessible tap tempo.

• Members

I've gigged with mine consistently since I bought it..and I didn't have any issues until very recently. I don't abuse it, but I've definitely used it over the years.

I think I'll just buy another one. I haven't seen one with the same feature set... a couple presets and easily accessible tap tempo.

and in the mean time you can have some fun with both:thu:

• Members

The sad part is that it *could* be an amazing pedal.

I've heard of some people being able to "discharge" a chip? Something about static build-up I think. It may be worth searching on.

I'll say this.. My problems are mechanical. The output jack hasn't been 100% reliable.

I'm not sure if the new ones are different, but I have one of the older ones without the fancy Line6 logo.

I'll be bummed when it breaks. It definitely gets used more than any other pedal I have.

• Members

So..it still works and the output jack is just a bit dodgey?

I'd assume that would be a very, very simple fix.

Yeah..you're right. I took it apart to see if there was an obvious break..which of course..it's not. I probably should have retouched them with some solder.

I guess I was taking the opportunity to get something new if it was better.

• Members
Yeah..you're right. I took it apart to see if there was an obvious break..which of course..it's not. I probably should have retouched them with some solder.

I guess I was taking the opportunity to get something new if it was better.

Why not still take that opportunity? If you can get it working perfectly again, just sell it. Obviously, you aren't 100% happy with it or you wouldn't be looking for something else. ;)

Personally, I'd recommend checking out a Stereo Memory Man with Hazari.

Another delay that's spoken highly of (that I've also never heard of reliability issues with) is the Boss DD20.

Either will probably have all the features you'd ever use. :thu:

Archived