Just got a FAB Distortion

machine gunner

• Members

Dunno - the only thing I can think of is some Maxon pedal but really - Maxon a boutique? Nah.

Seems if this is a true story they've chosen a pedal that's too obscure to have any kind of cult following, and have thus not benefited from the 'holy grail reissued' hype machine.

Keen to hear it now though.

maxon werent tiny by late 70s though :confused:

late 70s mij, cloned for $300 :quadruple-confused smilie:

• Members

From the Dano site: "In the late '70s a tiny effects maker in Japan produced a small quantity of what many believe is the definitive distortion box. It had delicious tonality and was highly responsive and versatile. Recently, a boutique pedal maker reissued that box at $300+. Danelectro offers you the D-1 Fab Distortion as a sonic equivalent to the prized original. It's equipped with Level, Tone, and Distortion controls. You'll adore it."

What could they mean by "small quantity of what many believe is the definitive distortion box" ? And which "boutique pedal maker reissued that box at $300+"?

I've read that Arion had a very nice distortion pedal that was discontinued in favor of a much worse unit.

• Members

I used to have a Barge Concepts BP-1 (Interfax HP clone). It didn't sound anything like the Fab distortion IMO ... but core components in my rig have changed since then, so ...
:confused:

Actually I was making a comment as to what was on the guy's counter top (look a few posts up).

But I have to agree with you, from what I've heard played through it, the percolator is incomparable to most stuff out there today haha.

:)

Archived