Just got a FAB Distortion

machine gunner

• Members

Man, I love the sound of that pedal....BUT the jacks are so flimsy...someone needs to rebox these with a 3-band eq:love::love:

I want either the Fab Dist. or my Fish Eq first in my chain, but it ain't happenin' with those plastic Dano jacks. :( So now I've got a modded MT-2 in the spam thread to wrangle-up a Bad Monkey, Tube Zone, or Silver Kiss.

• Members

Man, I love the sound of that pedal....BUT the jacks are so flimsy...someone needs to rebox these with a 3-band eq:love:
:love:

I want either the Fab Dist. or my Fish Eq first in my chain, but it ain't happenin' with those plastic Dano jacks.
:(
So now I've got a modded MT-2 in the spam thread to wrangle-up a Bad Monkey, Tube Zone, or Silver Kiss.

I love my Fab Distortion and Fab Chorus as well. I have found that the "Live Wire" patch cables at GC or MF work really well for the Dano plastic jacks. They are very light weight and mostly plastic so they don't cause as much stress on the jacks.

• Members

Someone needs to rehouse

Fab Chorus -> Fab Dist. -> 3-band eq. for $75.

Also great would be

Dano Chicken Salad -> Fab Dist. -> 4-band eq (with 2 parametric mids) -> Ibanez DE-7 Delay. for $200.

The techie guru who founded Beavis Electronics was rehousing Fab pedals into rack units ... perhaps he could do something like you requested. :wave:

• Members

Looks more like something close to the Harmonic Percolator to me.

I used to have a Barge Concepts BP-1 (Interfax HP clone). It didn't sound anything like the Fab distortion IMO ... but core components in my rig have changed since then, so ... :confused:

• Members

Someone needs to rehouse

Fab Chorus -> Fab Dist. -> 3-band eq. for $75.

Also great would be

Dano Chicken Salad -> Fab Dist. -> 4-band eq (with 2 parametric mids) -> Ibanez DE-7 Delay. for $200.

This guy can do it but he said it would be at least Feb before he can rehouse my Tuna Melt.:cry:

http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/stuff/index.html

• Members

I believe that it is just a heavily-modded Boss DS-1.
:confused:

From the Dano site: "In the late '70s a tiny effects maker in Japan produced a small quantity of what many believe is the definitive distortion box. It had delicious tonality and was highly responsive and versatile. Recently, a boutique pedal maker reissued that box at $300+. Danelectro offers you the D-1 Fab Distortion as a sonic equivalent to the prized original. It's equipped with Level, Tone, and Distortion controls. You'll adore it."

What could they mean by "small quantity of what many believe is the definitive distortion box" ? And which "boutique pedal maker reissued that box at $300+"?

• Members

From the Dano site: "In the late '70s a tiny effects maker in Japan produced a small quantity of what many believe is the definitive distortion box. It had delicious tonality and was highly responsive and versatile. Recently, a boutique pedal maker reissued that box at $300+. Danelectro offers you the D-1 Fab Distortion as a sonic equivalent to the prized original. It's equipped with Level, Tone, and Distortion controls. You'll adore it."

What could they mean by "small quantity of what many believe is the definitive distortion box" ? And which "boutique pedal maker reissued that box at $300+"?

Dunno - the only thing I can think of is some Maxon pedal but really - Maxon a boutique? Nah.

Seems if this is a true story they've chosen a pedal that's too obscure to have any kind of cult following, and have thus not benefited from the 'holy grail reissued' hype machine.

Keen to hear it now though.

Archived