Buying a fuzz for my Fender Hot Rod ( people say that big muff sounds band on hotrod

Fir3Spell

• Members

Hello all

This is my first post on this forum...

I'd like to ask you a question, i want to buy a fuzz and i use a telecaster plugged into a fender hot rod deluxe.

I heard some people saying outside this forum that the ehx big muff sounds bad with the fender hot rod deluxe... is it true? and if so, what fuzz should i buy?

Thanks in advance ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lemme tell you somethin'...About 8 months ago I had to play a gig of sorts at my school, and my TS-9 BROKE!! so I went to GC to buy a cheap booster, dirt, something. In the end, I chose the russian muff over the Boss DS-1, and my tone, strat - muff - hotrod deville - WAS FANTASTIC!!! DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU!!! THE MUFF SOUNDS SSSOOOOOOOO HOTTT!!!!

• Members

Welcome to the the forum! Never tried a Big Muff with a HDD, so I can't really advise you there I'm afraid. I think that there have been countless revisions and versions of the Muff though, so perhaps you could say which one you're considering?

Again, welcome!

• Members

What a coincidence! I love silversun pickups
:D
I might try a big muff on my hot rod so!

By the way, is the big muff the best fuzz out there?(not going to expensive prices)

Thanks

To me, yes. But, that's my opinion. I love the thick, woolly sound from a Big Muff. Others may like grittier fuzz pedals.

Personally, I use a NYC Big Muff and love my tone.

• Members

Well, i have another doubt, i love the sound of the fuzz but in fact i've never played with one.

I'd like to ask you if i crank the gain all way up will i get that synth-like lead tone?

Thanks

Yep. I just tried it out to be sure - I used my Jaguar on the neck pup with the tone rolled down a bit into the Big Muff with the sustain maxed and the tone at about 10 o'clock. Very synthy sounding higher up on the fretboard. :thu:

• Members

fender amps love dirt pedals so it sounds like the guy that told you that is an idiot.

ive played fender amps exclusively for 14 years, all different kinds,ss and tube and ive never had one that dont sound good with fuzz/distortion of any kind.

1 exception, boss dirt on a ss amp but thats a no brainer.

• Members

highs are an inherent problem in fuzzfactorys,swap the input/outputcaps for a higher value and this is no longer true.

good tip Ned, guess I'll try this asap. the highs makes my guitar feedback a lot, even at rehearsal level, so I prefer my old cheap Bassman...

• Members

Hello all

This is my first post on this forum...

I'd like to ask you a question, i want to buy a fuzz and i use a telecaster plugged into a fender hot rod deluxe.

I heard some people saying outside this forum that the ehx big muff sounds bad with the fender hot rod deluxe... is it true? and if so, what fuzz should i buy?

Thanks in advance
;)

Welcome to HCFX !!!

Yes, a Big Muff DOES sound good through a Fender Hot Rod, but the important question is;

. . . "do YOU like the TONE of said Big Muff ?"

Here is a ball-park idea how it can sound - albeit through a Bassman, but is it close enough ! (...for now)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Big+Muff+%2B+fender+bassman&search=Search

Is it a Big Muff thatyou want, or do you want a Big Muff only because you heard it sound good through this spesific amp ?

As you might know, there are hunders of diff. fuzz'es out there . . .

What type of Fuzz-Tone are you trying to get ?

;)

• Members

Welcome to the forum.
:wave:

As for your question, The guy from Silversun Pickups uses a Fender Hotrod amp with a Big Muff and has amazing tone. Here - listen to these;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-mxBDuRaZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YiUXl0TwR8

. . . are you sure ???

I did not once hear a BIG MUFF wall-of-sound :confused::cry::freak: . . . am i going deaf ?

You sure you got the right band ?

Mudhoney & FuManchu, they have the Big Muff sound all over their tone :idea::evil: :evil: !!! . . . but not this band :rolleyes:

• Members

Archived