What sort of patch cables?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Lava cables mini elc.

I'm new to this so please forgive my ignorance...

What makes the lava cable set better than the cheaper Core setup?

If they're worlds better then I would gladly thrown down the extra $30, but if it's just brand preference I'd rather go with the Core X2 setup.

Thanks ahead of time,

• Members

a good low capacitance cable "lava ELC" from guitar to your first pedal is a good ideal. After a buffer it wont make that much of a different. I've done the solderless plug thing and its not worth the issues tho lava may have gotten it right.

http://best-tronics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BMI&Category_Code=GH-INDUSTRIES

make you own to size. cables and plugs above

• Members

What makes the lava cable set better than the cheaper Core setup?

If they're worlds better then I would gladly thrown down the extra $30, but if it's just brand preference I'd rather go with the Core X2 setup.

lava has good customer service and caters to people like you and me. Beside that, nothing about lava is better. The cable sales are driven mainly by hype, here and on other forums such as TGP and hugerack and of course here. This is not to say the cables are bad, but they are not proven to sound better than say your ordinary mogami for example. Some guy over at TGP said you have to spend $100 to get a good sounding cable. That's just crap and based on nothing but his wallet. /rant

• Members

The big deal about the Lava ELC is the 15pf per foot capacitance. Other cables are in the 30-40pf range. If you have 10+ patch cables that capacitance adds up and can roll off your treble.

really if it's just all capacitance, then explain to me why the integration hybrid (24 pf per feet) is over $200 per feet and the vovox is over $130 per feet at 29 pf per foot. Obviously, it's just not capacitance. There is too much cable hype with people who spent hundreds of dollars for cable they didn't need other than needing to explain why they spent over a hundred dollar for a single cable.

• Members
lava has good customer service and caters to people like you and me. Beside that, nothing about lava is better. The cable sales are driven mainly by hype, here and on other forums such as TGP and hugerack and of course here. This is not to say the cables are bad, but they are not proven to sound better than say your ordinary mogami for example. Some guy over at TGP said you have to spend $100 to get a good sounding cable. That's just crap and based on nothing but his wallet. /rant

That's what I was curious about. Thanks for the info :)

Archived