OK DL4 is dead. Delay suggestions.

Loobster

• Members

My DL4 has just died and I was looking to get something else anyway. I think the DL4 does a lot of cool sounds but the sounds themselves aren't exactly amazing quality, but good enough. I basically want something that can do pristine digital clean echoes and grungy modulated tape space echo type stuff.

I'm leaning towards getting a DD6 and Roland Space Echo, the pedal version, not an original, so that'd be two delays. Any other suggestions? Played the EHX SMM the other day, that was pretty sweet too, and cheap.

• Members

My DL4 has just died and I was looking to get something else anyway. I think the DL4 does a lot of cool sounds but the sounds themselves aren't exactly amazing quality, but good enough. I basically want something that can do pristine digital clean echoes and grungy modulated tape space echo type stuff.

I'm leaning towards getting a DD6 and Roland Space Echo, the pedal version, not an original, so that'd be two delays. Any other suggestions? Played the EHX SMM the other day, that was pretty sweet too, and cheap.

nova and re-20 is sexy :) i have that combo. :poke:

• Members

I have the SMMH, and I've been appreciating it more recently. I also have a boss dd-6, and the two compliment each other well. Been thinkin about replacing the dd-6 with a dd-20, or the new arion sad-1 that I'm getting for $40 :love:

Why the dd-6 over the dd-20? only reason I got the dd-6 in the first place was because I didn't know what I was doing and thought it would be the 'end-all' of delays. :D

Edit: just figured out it's an sad-3, not sad-1. Closed off the deal. Bummer

• Members

MOST PROBLEMS WITH THE DL-4 ARE EASILY FIXABLE. JUST DO A SEARCH AND FIND OUT HOW TO MAKE THE FIX. ITS AN AWESOME PEDAL, JUST NEED SOME PATIENCE!

...but if you can't be arsed, send it to me :thu:

Mine died once- I think the wiring in the room I had my gear in at my old house had dodgy wiring or something- EVERYTHING picked up weird radio stations etc- the DL4 made a couple of funny noises, then stopped working altogether except that all four LEDs would blink intermittently.

Assuming it's out of warranty (if not, take it back and get a new one), you might be able to fix it the same way I did. I took the base off, removed the CMOS chip (large square chip, clearly visible and possibly even has a sticker on it that says "CMOS") then replaced it. Put it back together again and it's worked perfectly ever since.

...but like I said, if you'd rather get some new and exciting delays, don't bin the DL4, send it my way :D;):thu:

• 1 month later...

Archived