I'm a Danelectro Whore

m4had

• Members

So far I have the Fab Distortion, Fab Overdrive, Dan Echo, and Fish & Chips EQ. My amp already has trem, so the Tuna Melt is out. Any other good ones to get?

The gain pedals are pretty damn noisy though... what's a good noise supressor to use with those? Are there non-noisy versions of the Fab Dist?

• Members

The Wasabi line is Danelectro's high end pedal format. I have a Wasabi Overdrive and it is totally amazing. I wish I had bought the Wasabi Distortion at the same time - I felt like I have enough harder dirt boxes, but if it's at the same quality level and tone bliss as the Overdrive I am poorer for the lack of it.

Avapxia, it really isn't a question of quality vs. quantity. Danelectro saves money by using small CBM components and plastic boxes (on their cheap stuff - their higher end stuff is priced competitively with other "real" pedals) but their products are not toys and can be used to make real music. They're the opposite of boutique as far as pricing goes, but they make some really catchy and unique gear.

I use a Fish n' Chips (bout to be two of them), a Dan-Echo, and a Wasabi Overdrive. I would not hesitate to add more to the list if I can get a chance to try them out, on a pedal-by-pedal basis... just like anything else. Tone is the end, and everything else is a means. Don't let a proper noun get in the way of the sound in your head.

Archived