The new Radiohead =

spoonie g

• Members
im surprised no one has mentioned how poorly it was recorded. the songs are ok i think its pretty weak compared to their past albums (except hail to the thief- still the worst), and the record it self sounds horrible. just too loud.
:)

I thought the same thing about the loudness. Quality is ok, just bare bones. I assume they did it themselves.

• Members

I can't decide my favourite radiohead album, it is probabaly In Rainbows or Kid A.

I love all of their albums, but the older stuff just doesnt do it for me as much

Yeah, something about those 2 albums screams innovation. For now, I would rank them in this order:

1 Kid A

2 In Rainbows

3 OK Computer

4 The Bends

5 Hail To The Thief

6 Amnesiac

7 My Iron Lung E.P.

8 I Might Be Wrong

9 Pablo Honey

• Members

Yeah, something about those 2 albums screams innovation. For now, I would rank them in this order:

1 Kid A

2 In Rainbows

3 OK Computer

4 The Bends

5 Hail To The Thief

6 Amnesiac

7 My Iron Lung E.P.

8 I Might Be Wrong

9 Pablo Honey

I'd be pretty similar, but i would have Hail to the Thief before The Bends, there is only a couple of songs i like on My Iron Lung too, i love Permanent Daylight - cool panning delay:thu:

• Members

..."Amnesiac" above "The Bends", "OK Computer", or "Kid A".

"I Might Be Wrong"
and
"You and Whose Army?"
are awesome!

Yes they are! "Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box" is unbelievably true and perrrfectly produced.

It's just that I find "Amnesiac" to be full of mystique, experimental, innovative AND rocking, whereas "Kid A" is experimental and rocking and "OK Computer" is full of well-put critique, a bit mystical ("Airbag", "Fitter Happier") and rocking.

"Amnesiac" has all these wonderful sonic landscapes, strange toms, revolving doors, spinning plates... that sort of "Swordfishtrombones" sounds... weird voices, what have you. But (for me) the point is in non-aggressive presentation of that experiment (slow songs, not a lot of overdriven guitars, so nothing "threatens" the listener).

When I think "Amnesiac", i think "Waking Life", "Himmel

• Members
im surprised no one has mentioned how poorly it was recorded. the songs are ok i think its pretty weak compared to their past albums (except hail to the thief- still the worst), and the record it self sounds horrible. just too loud.
:)

I expect the vinyl will sound like a totally different record.

• Members
Yes they are! "Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box" is unbelievably true and perrrfectly produced.

It's just that I find "Amnesiac" to be full of mystique, experimental, innovative
AND rocking
, whereas "Kid A" is experimental and rocking and "OK Computer" is full of well-put critique, a bit mystical ("Airbag", "Fitter Happier") and rocking.

"Amnesiac" has all these wonderful sonic landscapes, strange toms, revolving doors, spinning plates... that sort of "Swordfishtrombones" sounds... weird voices, what have you. But (for me) the point is in non-aggressive presentation of that experiment (slow songs, not a lot of overdriven guitars, so nothing "threatens" the listener).

When I think "Amnesiac", i think "Waking Life", "Himmel

Archived