Deal Gone Bad, What to Do?

RNM

• Members

About three months ago I bought two boutique pedals from a fellow forumite. We negotiated a price incl. shipping. The pedals never arrived. We've emailed a couple of times but he couldn't give me a tracking nr. which means the swiss post is unable to search for it. This also means that it's not insured. My fault was clearly that I didn't specifically ask for trackable and insured shipping. The current situation is this: He cannot prove that he actually sent the pedals, but I can prove that I haven't received them. The swiss post makes you sign a delivery receipt and cashes the custom fees at your door.

I've emailed and pm'd the guy a couple of days ago asking for a refund and since I'm a nice guy I've asked for half of my money back. But guess what I haven't heard back...

What do you guys think? Am I out of line here? What would you do?

• Members

Well, why you would buy something valuable and not get tracking and insurance on it is a big mystery, and why this guy would send it without at least getting a tracking number is another mystery. Sounds like a completely screwed up situation.

I mean, who the hell sends anything without tracking and delivery confirmation?

• Members

Well, why you would buy something valuable and not get tracking and insurance on it is a big mystery, and why this guy would send it without at least getting a tracking number is another mystery. Sounds like a completely screwed up situation.

Well the guy just used the cheapest shipping method I suppose, since it was a deal that included shipping costs.

• Members

It's no problem getting a tracking nr. and delivery confirmation if using the usps? As a matter of fact I'm tracking a skreddy pedal and an Eric Johnson body, which I bought a few days ago, right now. I'll have to look into the paypal thing. The amount is around 600$.

• Members

well if you send it usps, i know that if you use tracking numbers, they are only good in the states and once it arrives to the country you shipped to, then it is no longer trackable.:freak:

• Members

At the very least, he should have a reciept. Photo/scan of the reciept??

Yep, he should have gotten a receipt showing that he mailed 'something' to your address in Switzerland. When did he actually mail the stuff out? I've heard some ridiculously long shipping times to Europe when you send stuff by sea, which he obviously did.

3 months is pushing it but if he dicked around and shipped it two weeks or more after you paid him it might make sense

Archived