Best pedal for intelligent pitch shifting/harmonies?

draelyc

• Members

The HR-2 is the obvious one, and the only one I have direct experience with (besides rack units, & I'm more interested in a pedal-based approach these days) ... but what else is out there? Does anything do the harmony thing better? Thanks!

Chris

• Members

I to have been on the quest for some time. I have the Digitech Whammy IV which doesn't sound very realistic at all. and it's basic harmonies, not intelligent.

It's not a pedal by I've heard really good things about the Digitech DHP-33. It's an older rack mount unit that apparently still sounds good if you can find one used.

• Members

Thanks for the input, folks! Good demo clip, Kittie Rose -- can the G1 do more than one harmonized "voice" at a time, or is it just the dry signal + 1 additional note/line? The thing that keeps me thinking about the HR-2 is the dual voiced harmonies, y'know?

C

• Members

Thanks for the input, folks! Good demo clip, Kittie Rose -- can the G1 do more than one harmonized "voice" at a time, or is it just the dry signal + 1 additional note/line? The thing that keeps me thinking about the HR-2 is the dual voiced harmonies, y'know?

C

I'm pretty sure from the sounds of it it's doing a full chord. But either way you should check out the more expensive Zoom units - they should do what you're after.

Archived