I just realized how insanely close I am to getting a perfect setup.

veil

• Members

Guitars

Main: Fender Big Apple Stratocaster

Backup: Ibanez Talman TC620 (has P-90s)

Effects chain

Boss SD-1-->Boss DD-20-->Ibanez DE-7

Amp

1966 Fender Twin Reverb

Ideas for change:

Other than that, I'm really really happy. :eek:

• Members
what happened to your mess of noisemakers in a feedback loop?

hehe you remember that?

I still do that from time to time. I still have the Noise Swash, the Feedback Looper, and the Ineko. Check it out: once I trade in my Ineko for an Akira, I'll put it in a feedback loop and control the whole thing with the MIDI footcontroller. :love:

But first I have to find an Akira. :freak:

• Members

My only real complaint is the SD-1...I haven't found a perfect overdrive for my TR and I'm so paralyzed by the wide bevy of choices that I haven't been trying any. My current interest is in the DBA Interstellar Overdriver. Who knows.

Do try a modded (Keeley or Monte Allums) BD-2 - wonderful for those 'hair of grit-->proper overdrive' settings with useable controls (I do stress modded though)

• Members

Guitars

Main: Fender Big Apple Stratocaster

Backup: Ibanez Talman TC620 (has P-90s)

Effects chain

Boss SD-1-->Boss DD-20-->Ibanez DE-7

Amp

1966 Fender Twin Reverb

A pro could be totally satisfied with this rig. You have everything that would be essential for my playing. Not that I want to give up all my little gimmicky effects, but you've got everything you really need to play good rock music.

• Members

Yeah, I was thinking that the other day as well. My Wah Probe is on the way, and all I'll really need then is the Goatkeeper for trem, and buy the fender amp and I'll probably be set for a long time unless I want another delay or something. I think for now though I'm gonna have to buy a Pedaltrain to keep all my {censored} in order, as much as I'd like to make one myself.

Archived