Almighty Flange Off

Kittie Rose

• Members

Since I'm unsure on the Electric Mistress, and the Liqua Flange is too digital, I'm wondering what analogue Flange might suit me.

What I want a flange for is more a subtle tone thickening. If you look up the video for the Stereo Electric Mistress on youtube you'll see what I mean. That's what I want.

I'm wondering what the best flanger for this is(besides the A/DA obviously).

Are there any clips of the Boss BF-2?

• Members

....Are there any clips of the Boss BF-2?

check out any cure/robert smith live stuff. its all he uses for flange (live). and while he may use whatever rack stuff in the studio to get his sounds, he uses a bf-2 to recreate the parts live, so that should give you an idea.

probably some in this set.

• Members

the bf-2 rules

I had the mxr reissue and an ibanez fl-99 and prefered my old Bf-2 over it..

I have a bf3 currently and it is as good as the bf2 with a ton more options...

I think I am a fan of non-subtle over the top metallic flanging though!

• Members

the bf-2 rules

I had the mxr reissue and an ibanez fl-99 and prefered my old Bf-2 over it..

I have a bf3 currently and it is as good as the bf2 with a ton more options...

I think I am a fan of non-subtle over the top metallic flanging though!

I like the BF-2 over the BF-3

• Members

I dig my Boss BF-2. It does subtle to mid level flange. Think The Cure to Lightening Crashes. you can also get teh Barracuda flange and EVH stuff as well. Turn the RES knob all the way to the left and you get a good Chorus. A used one is an excellent value. However, I will be building the BYOC Flanger kit when it is released. I want a more extreme flanger to compliment the BF-2's subtlety.

• Members

I have many different flangers- including the Boss and DOD models- but hands down the best Flanger that I own, giving the fat thickening tone is the MXR M-117RI I also own the MXR EVH Flanger, and ironically, it does not sound as good as the M117! I would definately look into the MXR :thu:

• Members

umm tzf is good for the tone thickening too. its good for many a thing.

If all a person wants is a subtle tone thickener type flange a 400+ dollar flanger is overkill and pretty silly . . . :rolleyes:

If you find one on the bay or elsewhere I really like the Vestax/Vesta Fire SFL. Really smooth flanging tones, bypass sounds good to my ears, wet/dry or mixed stereo flanging. Reminds me of the hf-2 but a little better imo. :thu:

Archived