Bay Area Guitar Stores

criscamino

• Members

Over here for a year from England and couldn't bring my Tele :( so I need to track down something cool to strum. Whereabouts to shop in the Bay? I'm in Berkeley but would be more than happy to spend a little (or a lot) of time wandering around places all around the area to see what's about

Cheers

• Members
Over here for a year from England and couldn't bring my Tele
:(
so I need to track down something cool to strum. Whereabouts to shop in the Bay? I'm in Berkeley but would be more than happy to spend a little (or a lot) of time wandering around places all around the area to see what's about

Cheers

Howdy neighbor. :D

If you're in Berkeley, The Starving Musician on Shattuck is a great place to go. Lot's of great restaurants in that area too, so you can go play some guitars and grab a bite. :)

• Members
There's some crazy place over in Berkeley, too. The guy specializes in old, oddball guitars. Repairs them, restores them, and sells them. I think it has "dog" somewhere in the name, but I could be totally off.

You're thinking of FatDog over at Subway Guitars.

Yeah...you can sometimes find cool stuff there...If you're looking to spend too much money on refurbished pawn shop prizes, that's your best bet. It can be a little hit or miss as far as stock goes. :o

• Members
You're thinking of FatDog over at Subway Guitars.

Yeah...you can sometimes find cool stuff there...If you're looking to spend too much money on refurbished pawn shop prizes, that's your best bet. It can be a little hit or miss as far as stock goes.
:o

eww, i try to avoid subway. hes got some ridiculous prices on some questionable stuff. its very hit or miss, leaning more towards the miss.

• Members

Try Bananas at Large in San Rafael over across the Richmond Bridge in Marin County, or the Magic Flute over at the Northgate complex (they sell a nice variety of electrics and acoustics). If you want to drool over a fantastic collection of acoustics, make sure to stop at Eric Schoenbergs guitar shop on Main Street in Tiburon.

Archived