With all of the TS type pedals out there... which is the right one?

Mistersuperfly

• Members

Yeah, it's been asked before, but somebodies gotta keep one of these threads on top right?

I'm looking to maybe replace my FDII with a seperate TS and booster, for the boost I was thinking MI audio BnB... but for the TS I dunno, there's so many I don't even know where to start. Less than 150$ is a must, more than that for a TS seems :freak:

MI audio would probably be choice 1, this may sound lame, but I want some variety in my board! so if I'm getting the BnB, I'd kinda like to branch out for the TS... though it's not like I have to, if MI is the best choice for the TS than so be it.

:confused::wave:

• Members

The BYOC screamer with a bunch of tweaks is a pretty sweet screamer and you can build one for cheap. If you dont want to build it Im sure you can find someone on the internet to build you one for a little extra cash. Mine stands up to my Eternity and the Zeek overdrive well enough and its dirt cheap. Granted I modded the crap out of it but still. Thats what I recommend.

• Members
The BYOC screamer with a bunch of tweaks is a pretty sweet screamer and you can build one for cheap. If you dont want to build it Im sure you can find someone on the internet to build you one for a little extra cash. Mine stands up to my Eternity and the Zeek overdrive well enough and its dirt cheap. Granted I modded the crap out of it but still. Thats what I recommend.

True, i did mod my BD-2 and that wasn't too hard... problem is, I'd like to keep my options open if I (inevitably) sell the pedal, cuz that's what i do ;)

Bein on tour it would be tough to build and finish one though...

• Members
So you dont want to spend $80 on a kit because if you dont like it noone will buy it from you? If thats the case then maybe the zeek would be good for you. Angelhair0 has a cusack screamer that sounds great so youre right on with that idea.

I've got a Zeek for sale/trade in case you're interested. Nice pedal, just not my thing.

• Members

Would you say a BYOC screamer is better sounding/more versatile than a TS-9 with the monte-allums tri-gain mod?

Archived