report from london 3: moog theramin!

seifukusha

• Members

damn sweet. low registers sound like a moog. wooooooooooh. about $240 us, but this one had a uk adapter cord and theres no way i could get a converter whn i live.

now im theramin crazy..

denmark street. some good gtrs, pedls...blah, and price! walco plug in effects: $300!!!!! nuts

• Members

Got one, it's nice. Traded my old peavey SS amp for it years ago. Sounds like a good trade, but that peavey was a big sucker and cost something like $500 new (yeah, I used to be dumb back when I was 16)

I've never played it through something that could support the bass end. I'd love to try it through a big ol' bass amp or a nice PA. My trombone playing friend could do some cool stuff with the theremin! I miss my drum kit....but I'll be seeing it again in three weeks!

IMG_0123.jpg

• Members

When you get fed up with yr guitar, a theremin just soothes.

They are so hard to play properly, but you can still spend hours just messing around with one (they love reverb and delay).

Bought and built a Big Briar (Moog's NC company) ten years ago (sn - 1930 or something close). I still love the thing.

I've posted similar stuff whenever the thread pops up. They are wonderfully designed, sound incredible, and are just challenging enough to build that they just make you feel cool for having done so.

FANTASTIC instrument. Do what you can to get one going.

(Never read anyone lamenting their ownership - Can't say that about almost anything. )

Archived